Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

John Leslie, 4th Baronet, a 99-year old war vet and Ireland's oldest raver.  Celebrated his 85th birthday at Manumission in Ibiza.  Whenever I feel too old to be out giving it loads on dancefloors, I just remember him.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

maryanddavid

Aww, I met him about two years ago. We went to Castle Leslie for out fortieth and he came in to the restaurant and played the piano, had his meal, and played a bit more. He went round to a few tables and had a word, great life to him.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 20 April, 2016, 03:25:28 PM
Victoria Wood!!!  :o :'(
Aww heck! I saw her live at the Lowry in 2007, was bloody brilliant smartly written and hilarious. What a truly dreadful year for the arts. :(

RIP

Dandontdare

A shocker, she was brilliant in everything she turned her hand to, from stand-up to sitcoms, sketches, comedy songs, serious drama and more. One of my mum's favourites we often watched he together.

And 2016, the year of sulkiness continues.

von Boom

Aww bollocks. This is such sad news. I even enjoyed her programme Nice Cup of Tea. She even made tea entertaining. RIP.  :(

Dandontdare

"suckiness" of course, not sulkiness

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 April, 2016, 05:34:12 PM
"suckiness" of course, not sulkiness
To be fair, that was so fittingly apt I never even registered it as a typo!

Something Fishy

That's a real shock.  62 isn't old these days.  Sad.

Heath C Ackley

Devastating news. Victoria Wood was one of the best comedic writers/performers this country has ever produced.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Misanthrope

Fuck you, 2016.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

The Legendary Shark

I had a dream about Victoria Wood last night. It was as if she was an old friend I hadn't seen for ages. "Hello, Vicky," I said. She screwed up her face and said, "David, isn't it?" "No, that's my brother. I'm Mark." We hugged and I wished her well. There were thousands of people milling about, like some vast open-air concert in the sunshine. Everyone knew her and gave her a hug. She looked quite glum at first but, later on, went on her way with a smile on her face. It was a quite touching dream although, I suspect, of little interest to anyone else.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

Joan Laurer, AKA Chyna, 45.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 21 April, 2016, 12:42:16 PM
Joan Laurer, AKA Chyna, 45.

Considering the downward spiral her life had taken, this doesn't come as a huge surprise. A terrible shame nonetheless. R.I.P.

SIP

Rumours on the web saying that prince has died. ........not sure of the truth of it yet though.