Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SIP on 21 April, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
Rumours on the web saying that prince has died. ........not sure of the truth of it yet though.

Seemingly confirmed here.

Grim reading of late, this thread...

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Oh no not Prince too - Fuckin hell, what's happening this year?

Spikes

Seriously what a fuckin' year this is turning out to be, and it's only April..

Hawkmumbler

Just listened to Gold Experience this morning, bloody class stuff. The year of BS continues.

RIP

DrRocka

Unbelievable. Fuckin' PRINCE. What the hell is going on?
Never ever bloody anything ever

JayzusB.Christ

Fuck it.  We won't see his like again
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Almost unbelievable news.  Prince was a much bigger musical deal to me personally than Bowie. How awful.

Heath C Ackley

Fuck. I can't believe it. I've been a Prince  fan since always. I've seen him in concert twice - the first gig was the best I've ever been to. The man was more than a legend; he was an auteur, an innovator and the funkiest MF on the planet. Gutted.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Something Fishy

Wow,just like Victoria yesterday this has come totally out of the blue.

Very sad.

Colin YNWA

Very sad to hear about Prince's passing. Really quite sad. the man was an absolute genius as much for the songs he wrote that others made famous as for the brilliant performer he was himself. His output though between 1982 and 1991 for me ranks of one of the truly great periods of any pop artists.

Such a shame and as others have said such a shock.

rogue69

Guy Hamilton aged 93
director of the Bond movies Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, Live And Let Die and The Man With The Golden Gun.

& Choppers the last of the PG Tips Chimps aged 48

von Boom

What a fucking terrible day. I don't know Ms. Laurer, but 45 is no age.

I'm gutted about Prince. I was mostly into heavy metal in the 80s, but Prince was a talent you simply couldn't ignore or deny.

Now Guy Hamilton.

RIP to all three.  :'(

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 21 April, 2016, 09:31:09 PM
Very sad to hear about Prince's passing. Really quite sad. the man was an absolute genius as much for the songs he wrote that others made famous as for the brilliant performer he was himself. His output though between 1982 and 1991 for me ranks of one of the truly great periods of any pop artists.
From personal taste, only New Order come close. Worldwide, there is no competition.

<deleted some tacky, maudlin stuff here>

Have I ever told anyone here about the time I saw Prince play an aftershow gig at The Garage in Glasgow?

It cost twenty pounds to get in; I put one pound in the Monopoly quiz machine; security cleared everyone from the bar except me and formed a weird cordon like you'd see in a film; Prince and the band walked past; I've never had two ten pound jackpots from a single quid before or since; I bought drinks for my friends; he came on and played no recognisable songs, just five or six funky jams; wearing the veil; it was one of the best gigs I've ever see; I had never been in the presence of such a ludicrously magnetic personality before; I don't expect to be again.

Rest In Purple wee man.
We never really die.

Devons Daddy

THIS IS A BLOW,
a hero of my youth, likely the most second played album i ever purchased Purple rain 1984.
I was 16,
he may have been bonkers i will grant you that...... but musically a bloody genius,

saw him live in London i think it was Wembley arena (?possibly) I travel a lot so it could be wrong location,
but OUTSTANDING on stage.

2016 have you not sated your thirst yet for our heros and icons.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

M.I.K.

Shirley Bellwood, iconic Misty artist, back in January...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/getmisty/