Main Menu

Ro-Jaws 3D WIP

Started by Steve Green, 24 February, 2007, 08:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Steve Green

Thanks - I'm working on the textures now, I really want it to hold up at print resolution, and close-ups.

Cheers,

Steve

Matt Timson

I'd love to do 3D stuff- but it feels like 'old dog and new tricks'!  I really like the look of Mudbox, but I can't think of any practical applications for it (not for the sort of work that I do anyway) other than "look at this- doesn't it look great?!"

That and the fact that it doesn't run on a Mac, of course.

>:(
Pffft...

Steve Green

Hi,

yeah, I'm not entirely convinced about using 3D in strips - I think D'Israeli's use of it for hardware was well done though.

Mudbox is dead easy to pick up, but it's designed to be part of a pipeline, to use with Maya, Max or XSI, rather than Zbrush which can be used on its own. (but the interface on ZB is a bit mental)

- Steve

Steve Green

An update - still a bit shiney overall, but I thought I'd upload a high-res one so you can get a closer look.

- Steve

Link: http://www.stephendgreen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rojaws_hr.jpg" target="_blank">Hi-res still

http://www.stephendgreen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rojaws_lr.jpg">

TordelBack

The Amstor Computer

Wallpaper GET!

Great stuff - you do realise now we're going to be hassling you for an entire ABC Warriors series? ;-)

Mike Carroll

Wow... Steve, that's so much better than mine that I think I might just give up. What chance do the rest of us have against that sort of quality?

[Mike goes away to quietly cry in the corner]

Matt Timson

I feel your pain, Mike.  Time was that if you could draw, you were King of the board- KING, I say...

Seriously, piss off Steve- you're making us look bad!

;)

Pffft...

Steve Green

Thanks Guys,

I'm sure I will do more droids at some point, I guess Hammerstein would be the obvious first choice. Not sure which version to go for though.

Really tempted to get Ro-Jaws 3D-Prototyped into a proper model when he's finished...

Cheers,

Steve

TordelBack

Not sure which version to go for though.

Talbot's.  Just because I want to see you animate those dreadlocks.

ThryllSeekyr

Now, thats more like it.

He looks like real robot now.

Steve Green

Tordelback - you bugger... :)

To be honest, probably not that tricky, Max has some hair trickery which could handle that.

- Steve

TordelBack

Here listen Steve, all joking aside, you have got to send that Ro-Jaws to Kevin O'Neill when you're done.  He'd have to be dead chuffed.  

Steve Green

Well, if anyone has a contact for him, I'd love them to forward it when it's finished.

Cheers,

Steve