Main Menu

SLAINE THE HORNED GOD

Started by jock, 10 May, 2007, 06:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

That's King Rudraige, who was married to Niamh for a year. Didn't know who he was or that there is footage of Cathbad until I found the casting credits.

Alot of money indeed.

I'm starting to suspect that theres more of this filmed than was shown. The trailer looks like a bunch of scenes that may have been longer, then cutdown and put together.

They claim be a non-profit enterprise, yet have a recruitment section.

Considering the talents of Mangamax sculpting , McWild and MikeC's computer animation skills I'm surprised to not see them involved.

Radbacker

thats fricken class that is, needs to be done now.  Rebellion see what you can do(or at the very least a Slaine game could be fun, God of war rip off and similar stuff to that for the cut scenes? cant go wrong).

CU Radbacker

ThryllSeekyr

It's simple.

First the movie, then the game;]

IndigoPrime

"The trailer looks like a bunch of scenes that may have been longer, then cutdown and put together."

That was probably how it was designed, thoughâ??it doesn't mean there's any additional footage whatsoever.

TordelBack

Sweet Jovis son of Grud but that was DOUBLE PLUS GOOD.  I... wow.

ThryllSeekyr

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

ThryllSeekyr

Did anyone notice there's a 'Dark Crystal' vibe running through this.

Something, I didn't pickup on from the actual pages of the 'Horned God'.

Some of the imagery therein, the familer faces, the murky atmosphere.

TordelBack

That's a good point, TS - Ukko in particular would fit right in, and cave with the omphalos-thing.

ThryllSeekyr

Well spotted Tordal.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5613/abitlikeslaineez8.jpg">

JOE SOAP

***Did anyone notice there's a 'Dark Crystal' vibe running through this. ***

No.

Bico

Even if the execution is sometimes poor, I always liked the notion of fan-films - people with an actual love of the source material turning it into a movie (or a mock-trailer, as is mostly the case), and sidestepping the whole convoluted production process where twenty different people insist on twenty different things that must be changed before the material is ready for a wider audience (begging the question why they bother optioning it in the first place).
If you think about it, there's not really a great need for a huge budget in most comic-book movies - Batman Begins didn't need all the daft prosthetics, cgi monastaries and cityscapes, massive fuck-off Batmobile, rubber gimp suit, etcetera.  These elements were necessary only to tick the summer blockbuster boxes on the superhero-by-numbers sheet, but a little imagination can take you a lot further than any amount of cgi.  The old saying about radio having better pictures than tv springs to mind.

JOE SOAP

***The old saying about radio having better pictures than tv springs to mind.***

Well that really negates the whole argument then.

I think good actors have a lot to do with how a film works, along with a good script and good direction, all of these take experience & imagination and in this world they don't come cheap. Also the biggest cost factor in making movies is TIME, there's no getting away from the fact that movies like Batman take 2 years to make and that's a long time to employ a lot of people. You can generally tell a fan film is made cheaply in the "choice of scenes" that is made, generally the scenes are just actors talking one on one in medium shots and close ups with a smattering of action, if any at all.

These fan "trailers" work better because no shot lasts longer than 5 seconds, so you can get a taste of every kind of scene, and give the impression of an actual film, but in reality to create a full length feature film like this, with advertising and distribution thrown in, will still cost millions. Unless you are independently wealthy and it's your hobby.

ThryllSeekyr

There's been five or six Batman films with another on the way. Yet none of them shown so far have turned out right despite the large amount money poured into them.

I really think that Batman should be left to rest in piece.

Despite my attitude towards Batman's continued reccurence on the big screen. I was however alittle impressed with Arkam Asylum short. It almost had me thnkng that those villian really are Batan's lackeys.