Main Menu

Breast Feeding...

Started by WoD, 13 June, 2007, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I'm interested in the boards views on this.  With it being everywhere in the press yesterday and on every radio phone in, I was amazed by some people's opinions.  

For what it's worth, I'm pro it, but in a very 'why are we bothering to discuss this' way.  Perhaps I never understood that some people were very anti-breast feeding, and that some mothers are made to feel uncomfortable.  Crazy really when we should consider this as a natural and everyday thing as 'breathing'.

JOE SOAP

I think breasts should be available at all times.

Richmond Clements

Yup, I agree with you WoD.
Most of the time I honestly don't notice when a woman's doing it in the same cafe or whatever I'm in. And when I do, it's no big deal.

W. R. Logan

Don't mind as long as they dont mind me pissing in to my glass because I can't be arsed to go to the bathroom.

Richmond Clements

That doesn't even make sense, Logan.

You're saying that you urinating is the same as a child feeding..? Please explain.

WoD

This must be a polarising subject, because I'm offended by the thought that a woman would be expected to go to a toilet to breast feed - I wouldn't expect to eat in a loo, nor expect any of you to do it, so certainly not expect a baby to have to.

thinky

when i saw the title i was sure i'd see logan being 'controversial' once again (after his well-reasoned arguments about kids and child-parking spaces)

as the father of three kids - my youngest less than 6 months old - i'm a firm believer in allowing breast-feeding wherever necessary. when my wife is out with them all, i don't think she should have to march all of them to the toilet because some fat grumpy fool doesn't like it.

there's being grumpy for fun, and acting like a cock, and logan - you're a cock

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Steve Green

And the new board Code of Conduct gets off to a great start.

- Steve

James

I'm assuming Logans joking.

Both my kids were raised on the breast and it's kept them healthy from day one.

When I opened my store 4 years ago I got a letter from the council asking what the policy was on breastfeeding, whether there was a seperate room available etc. I told them to stop being ridiculous and if women want to feed in a public please then let 'em rip. I've also had a breastfeeding awareness group hosted in my shop by a local hairy community.

Now i'm no hairy treehugging type but I reckon anyone who's got a problem with the most natural thing in the world has got serious issues.

Buttonman

I have no problem with it, but if it has the potential to embarass or offend others, good manners would dicate that it be done discreetly if it's a public place.

In my experience that's what happens - no mother has ever said 'Ta-da my knockers are out' whilst begining a feed - more's the pity.

thinky

And the new board Code of Conduct gets off to a great start.

Steve, that's fair enough. it's not really necessary i suppose.

however, with all the recent goings-on on other threads (with it leading to the new code), it's annoying that someone who tells us (repeatedly) that he's often at the Nerve Centre (and is therefore closer to the management of 2thou) feels the need to act in such a manner.

he's obviously finding it hard to get over the disappointment of finding out that peterwolf *isn't* scojo, but feels the need to bait him on other threads causing continued antagonism (to peterwolf) and discomfort for others.

the fact that *he* is contributing to making the board an unhappy place obviously hasn't occurred to him. i think he should think about that and only offer opinions when they're valid, not controversial for controversies (sic?) sake

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

W. R. Logan

>and acting like a cock, and logan - you're a cock

Ahh the child parking argument we have kids give us a better parking space. Look if you parents want to get all high and mighty then feel free, just because at some point you managed to have a kid dont get on your high horse because others dont think its that fantastic a thing. Im not saying that a woman has to go and sit in ome seedy bog to feed her kid and it may not be in the same league as urinating but its something I dont want to have to see whilst having a meal or in the pub [and ive seen it done]
If you want to feed your kid in public have some consideration for others who arent in the i'm a parent and were always right brigade.

I may be grumpy and sometimes its real and sometimes not but in contravention of the new guidelines you really are a complete cunt.

Hows that for grumpy.

W. R. Logan

>he's obviously finding it hard to get over the disappointment of finding out that peterwolf *isn't* scojo

never once thought or said it was Scojo.

>but feels the need to bait him on other threads causing continued antagonism

look I may be a pain in the arse to some but any boarder who can post over 900 posts in less than 2 months and only vaguely go on topic for the mearest fraction of them isnt really here to talk about what the board is for.
I may be antagonistic but then you're not Mr Polite.

Art

I think I might have caused some confusion by suggesting that Petewold was almost exactly the same as scojo. Which isn't quite the same thing, and my name isn't Logan, but in the heat of asilly argument these wires often get crossed.

BTW, though I don't particularly agree with Logan on this (un fact far from it) I think your response to him is (a) rude (b) childish (c) part of some silly grudge and (d) a derail. Not exactly an example of good messageboard behaviour.

Quirkafleeg

I know this is the new fuzzy, PC, extra-friendly, (but with new added passive-agressive sniping) board but can we talk about something a bit less right-on like women's periods or something.

Oh and as to the point I could not care less about breast-feeding in public. Ladies, get you bazookas out whenever you want.