Tales of Terror

Started by Leigh S, 05 December, 2001, 04:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Dry Run        The Clown       Babe Race 2000
Outlaw       Bradley        Mean Team
Millars Robohunter      Fleischers Rogue
Junker    Helltrekkers    

These have all been fingered as the worst thrills in the other thread - please vote on these to make the bottom thrills more representative (or to save them from a poor showing if you liked them!).

Go to characters/profile/ click on the character then click on the number next to '2000AD' to list the stories.  So far none of these have achieved five votes.  Given I've already voted on them, it would just take another four votes to register them.  If you've any other bad thrills from bygone progs, name and shame it here!

Leigh S

Also Bad City Blue, Trash, BLAIR 1, Space Girls and Kellys Eye...

Matt

You're all forgetting possibly the very worst 2Kad strip printed: the Henry Moon talking panther, with a human brain, solo series.

evil.genius

I liked Bad City Blue at the time. Not sure about it now, but it was probably what the, younger, readership of the time wanted.

Wood

Leigh S

Oh god,  Wireheads!  I'd wiped that one out of my memory for the sake of my own sanity!

Some nutter is actually requesting the "Panther with human Brain" strip (survivor) as possible reprint in the Megazine!!!!  It takes all sorts I suppose.  Hope you're all voting!!

Jeff Tiley

Don't forget that one. I don't think that Killer is the only thrill of the Modern Age that should receive a critical mauling.

Jayzus B. Christ

Yeah - a sort of John Constantine's shite little brother. Which reminds me of a certain Megazine strip called Deathwatch that was shamelessly ripped off from Blackadder, but sadly lost the humour on route (despite allegedly being a 'humour' strip). Oh yeah, and A Life Less Ordinary - Lazy scripting, half-arsed artwork, muck colouring

Tu-plang

"Oh yeah, and A Life Less Ordinary - Lazy scripting, half-arsed artwork, muck colouring"

Yeah, but did you see the movie of Life Less Ordinary?  Bloody genius, just like something 2000ad would publish, pity they didn't adapt it any better.

Jayzus B. Christ

I didnt actually see it - to be honest the 2000AD adaptation did no it no advertising favours at all, at all. I have heard the film is good, though.

Wood

I saw a Life Less Ordinary twice in the cinema. It wasn't at a time when I was reading 2000AD (going through a phase when I was interested in girls and stuff).

Who drew the adaptation? Was it someone who should know better?

Wake

Steve Yeowell.

Personally I liked the adaption and the movie.

Wake

paulvonscott

I liked the description of Carver Wotsit!  Very good.  I think I missed the end, so i don't need to say much more really.

I liked the movie despite some slightly dodgy reviews.  I also quite like Steve Yowell (first series of Zenith anyone? Ooh!), so it seems a shame the strip didn't match.  Mind you I find it very hard to see as a comic strip anyway.  Shallow Grave would have made a good comic strip.