Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

I've seen a post this morning claiming the heat is the result of airplanes distributing 'chemicals' into the air Sunday night to 'trap' the heat for two days and so fuel support for a false climate change agenda.
Some people are absolutely batshit crazy.

On the subject of our deputy prime minister, I think he should be left out* to 'enjoy the sunshine' for a few hours and and see what he thinks then.

* by which I mean, staked out
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

The Sharkshed's corrugated tin roof isn't helping matters at the moment, nor are the four windows because none of them open. I've been keeping an eye on a lump of thunderstorms wandering through Wales and hoping they'll get here some time this evening to clear the air and provide some end-of-sizzle celebratory fireworks instead of veering off or fizzling out.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 19 July, 2022, 02:57:57 PM

The Sharkshed's corrugated tin roof isn't helping matters at the moment, nor are the four windows because none of them open. I've been keeping an eye on a lump of thunderstorms wandering through Wales and hoping they'll get here some time this evening to clear the air and provide some end-of-sizzle celebratory fireworks instead of veering off or fizzling out.

On the plus side, the chances of the SharkShed being taken away by a tornado are pretty remote. You've been through the wars enough already, Sharky, without becoming this forum's resident Dorothy.  :D

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

I don't think we're in Preston any more Toto...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 19 July, 2022, 01:24:23 PM
I've seen a post this morning claiming the heat is the result of airplanes distributing 'chemicals' into the air Sunday night to 'trap' the heat for two days and so fuel support for a false climate change agenda.
Some people are absolutely batshit crazy.

On the subject of our deputy prime minister, I think he should be left out* to 'enjoy the sunshine' for a few hours and and see what he thinks then.

* by which I mean, staked out

BUT... They put a giant telescope up in space, and like a giant magnifying glass its burning us ants!!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Gah. I've had a sore Achilles tendon for months now but I woke up this morning and could hardly walk. Time off work beckons...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Hope you get to a doctor, Shark. My personal experience with nagging knee pain is that I should have done something about it before I ended up injuring myself quite badly.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Went to the sawbones with it a couple of months ago. He gave me some exercises to do which eased the condition somewhat but this morning it just suddenly felt like I'd been kicked by a donkey. Maybe I twisted it in my sleep or something. Anyway, a good excuse for kicking back with a prog or two :-)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 August, 2022, 08:50:11 AM

Gah. I've had a sore Achilles tendon for months now but I woke up this morning and could hardly walk. Time off work beckons...

Aw, that sucks, Sharky. Hope you'll be up and about again soon.

(A couple of decades ago, I woke up to discover that my left foot had been afflicted with Tendonitis. Funny thing is, at the time it happened, I was living on the top floor of a 5-Floor apartment block. Walking or putting any sort of weight on it was very painful. And so, to get to the ambulance which awaited me outside, I had to make my way down the stairs by gripping each step, raising my body slightly into the air and then - in combination with my hands - using my one remaining good foot to propel me forward. Think of a cross between Samuel Beckett, and Leonardo DiCaprio's crawl in The Revenant and you have some idea of just how ridiculous I must have looked.  :) )

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Paddy. Luckily, the Sharkshed has no steps - but it also has no toilet so I've been hobbling over to the bog block and back with a walking stick like a 90 year old incontinent. Ah Dignity, why hast thou forsaken me?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, JBC. Seems to be easing off a bit now, thank Grud!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Hope it eases off and you get relief, just about to send the next thrillpack!
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Cheers, Huffy - in fact, the pain disappeared as quickly as it came and I'm as back to normal as I'm ever going to get. According to the sawbones, with whom I had a 'phone appointment with earlier today*, it was probably a trapped nerve.

*Brilliant, these modern medics, how they can diagnose at a distance. Must be some kind of telepathic allopathy (teleallopathy? there's a Dredd strip in there somewhere...).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]