Main Menu

A lifetime's worth of Cthulhu-esque beastie inspiration?

Started by mygrimmbrother, 28 August, 2009, 05:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

There's some weird stuff on that list, Grimm! The crab the size of a dustbin freaked me a tad though... And what's the point of a soft shelled tortoise?

mygrimmbrother

Surely that's just a regular tortoise that's been run over by a truck?

Mike Gloady

Very unpleasant.  Proof that god does not exist.  If he did, like any artist, he'd want to just tidy a few things up before calling it finished.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Dandontdare

locustsofdeath!

Today I feel like a blobfish.

Didn't realize I did until I saw him there and felt a strange kinship. Thanks, mygrimmbrother.

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 August, 2009, 06:41:26 PM
Very unpleasant.  Proof that god does not exist.  If he did, like any artist, he'd want to just tidy a few things up before calling it finished.

Mike, we seem to be on very similar wavelengths - I was just thinking that. If we are created in His image, what the hell was he thinking when he drew up the blueprints for the goblin shark?

locustsofdeath!

Kerrin

Peter Wolf

Those deep sea angler fish are beautiful.

Who is James Gunn anyway ?

I did have a look at the website but i wasnt really impressed with the adolescent style content of it.Also it looks like God messed up a bit when he designed the two creatures that are pictured on the home page.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: uncle fester on 28 August, 2009, 06:04:40 PM
There's some weird stuff on that list, Grimm! The crab the size of a dustbin freaked me a tad though... And what's the point of a soft shelled tortoise?

Seen the Coconut Crab before -- I can't find the link right now, but the other blog headlined it under "Honey? It's time to move -- the house belongs to the crab now" and pointed out that anything that had that many legs and could only be killed with a flame-thrower deserved to be renamed the Death Crab, and for humanity to declare war on it.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

mygrimmbrother

I'm going to bed now and I'm going to dream about that crab. Bastard, scuttling up my house to the bedroom window.

vzzbux

Goblin shark. Citizen Snork of the shark world.

And the Tubifex worms what are they all about? Definitely not of this planet. Imagine finding one of those lodged in one of your crevices.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

Erm, I'd rather not imagine that if it's all the same with you, V me old china.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 August, 2009, 06:41:26 PM

Well you try designing every single lifeform and the planet itself in 7 days without a few rough edges.

God spent too long on some things and not enough on others.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death