Main Menu

Anyone for traveling to Hi-Ex in a minibus next year!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 17 September, 2009, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

It's fine here in Paisley - Phil's piss must have diverted the weather system.

Proudhuff

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 31 March, 2010, 02:46:30 AM
I'm on break at work listening to the chaos that is happening across Scotland and just relieved that we missed all this.
The convention gets moved back to avoid the bad weather but the bad weather seems to have followed the dates.
We were bloody lucky, it must have been Gavin  ;)

Whatever small rodents Vicky and Rich sacrificed to the weather gods were obviously worth it.
DDT did a job on me

Queen Firey-Bou

QuoteWhatever small rodents Vicky and Rich sacrificed to the weather gods were obviously worth it.

I can assure you no rodents were harmed in the making of this convention. If some comic fans haven't made it home yet, I have nothing to comment upon the matter.

A HUGE thankyou to everyone who came, to everyone that donated, to the lovely nerve centre droids, to the intrepid Helltrekkers. The feedback is incredible, the word 'buzz' comes up a lot. It was a phenomenal buzz & a wad of cash for charity

I've a load of pix up on our site. www.hi-ex.co.uk  stupid camera batteries died on the Saturday so missed many a great photo op.

I haven't managed to slow down yet tonnes of post con work to do them a major catch up with my own work, luckily the 'buzz' is keeping me going...

Thanks again guys & gals, fantastic to meet/ & see yous. XXX

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 March, 2010, 11:05:19 PM
Here begins the trail of pics:-

Gavin, Locusts, Buttonman and myself stood at one of the local beauty spots. This is the place all the local tramps hang out and that's why we all felt right at home!

That was my hotel in the background [Palace Hotel].It was pretty good .I was hearing complaints about very thin walls and noise in the Ramada from those who stayed there but my hotel was fine with no noise and i wasnt woken up in the mornings when i overslept and i was able to book in early and its 2 minutes from the venue just across the river from the Ramada so its highly recommended.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

stacey

My blog about Hi Ex is up on the sfx website - i sneaked in our group shot, a nice one of CF and the Radwagon as well as a nice one of Cam and Colin

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2010/03/31/blog-hi-ex-2010/

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Wonderful write up, Stacey, it really sums up what a fantastic weekend it was.

Dandontdare

Nice one Stacey. One correction however - John drove a lot more than 350  miles altogether! His original estimate was something like 1380m, but I think it actually ended up being quite a bit more due to various diversions.

and you're scared of stormtroopers? Ya big geordie wuss!

COMMANDO FORCES

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Trout

I love, love, love that Mechanismo sketch! Colin's sketches are among the best I've ever seen at conventions, possibly rivalled only by D'Israeli.

- Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

stacey

bah! sorry CF, I am imbecile, have tried to leave a comment (don't have editing rights to SFX forum) with correct information but it won't let me. Will try again later.

Anyway, Stormtroopers are terrifying FACT and anyone who doesn't think so is by far a better man than me!  :-)

COMMANDO FORCES

No probs Stacey, many things that happened over the weekend are a blur in my memory. I'm slowly writing what I can remember from Saturday and Sunday, ready to post over the next few days.

davethomson

Ah reading all this is bringing back all the memories from the weekend, I had a great time there, met loads of you, spent far too much on comics and got lost in Inverness.

Getting there and back by train was no fun at all, nice scenery but 3 and a half hours without a cigarette is a tall order. I'll have to try and go on the next Hell Trek! 
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Bolt-01

My trip was a shade over 900 miles. Worth all of them, let me tell you. Great write up Stace.