Main Menu

Misfits

Started by Mudcrab, 15 November, 2011, 03:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Couldn't find a thread on this, although I'm sure there is one. Anyway, I'm sure there's another thread about sightings of 2000ad etc somewhere, but in the absence of both...

This week's Misfits had a bloke obsessed with superheroes. In one scene (somewhat bizarrely) you see him looking through comics with a Judge Dredd (not sure what, strange looking cover) and an ABC Warriors GN (one of the newer ones).

Hooray! Good episode too, I liked the end a lot. New boy isn't a patch on the old Irish one.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Colin Zeal

I'm not totally sure but I thought the Dredd might have been the Henry Flint Collection trade. I'd had a few pints by the time I watched it though so might be very wrong about that.

Dark Jimbo

Yep, Henry Flint, Volgan War and Kingdom, while they talk about Gene getting his arm ripped off.
@jamesfeistdraws

Devons Daddy

Brilliant show! Nathan's character was outstanding and sadly missed. Writing wise that is one sick mind! Does his mother watch that show :o any whom have to watch brilliant tv, the reality of what if we really did get super powers.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Mudcrab

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 November, 2011, 07:37:37 PM
Yep, Henry Flint, Volgan War and Kingdom, while they talk about Gene getting his arm ripped off.

Cool, didn't notice Kingdom, good to see Gene Dog get some airtime!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Radbacker

oooh Arsom its back, too the international TV machine I go!!!

CU radbacker

Mardroid

I enjoy this series a lot, although they sometimes go a bit too overboard with the filth for my taste. Don't get me wrong a bit of sauce and naughtiness will make me laugh, but sometimes it's ridiculous! Nasty just for the sake of it... but then it gets thought full and poignant and I'm sucked back in.

So to speak.

That being said, the gender swapping stuff last week made me snigger. Cough! Cough. Dear me.

This week's episode looks like it might be a cracker...

[spoiler]A Jewish man with Curtis's time travel power attempts to go back and kill Hitler, apparently.[/spoiler]

It's somewhat of a shame that Nathan's gone, but I'm not as oposed as many seem to be. I welcome the chance for the other characters to have more focus, not that they didn't have stuff devoted to them before. And cool that Alisha has a decent power now. Curtis seems lumbered with the rubbish one... although it could come in handy...

Mardroid

And a great episode it was too!

As with most time travel stories, some of it didn't quite add up if you think it through, but that just added food for thought.

[spoiler]And Kelly nutting Hitler was just... brilliant.

Curiously the time travel power seemed to work differently with the old man than it did with Curtis. Curtis would essentially rewind through his life, so he would basically be in his own body at the age he was then wearing the same clothes, etc. With the old man he actually moved through time and space to where he wished to be at his current age wearing the same clothes and carrying the same objects. Hence the mobile phone...

It could be argued that it was a different power... except at the end of the Christmas special episode it was mentioned by the power guy (I forget his name. The one with the ability to take and give other peoples' powers) that Curtis couldn't have that power back because "a Jewish man had bought it who wanted to kill Hitler."

Then again they established that the same power can work a bit differently depending on the the person last series. (I'm thinking mainly of the teleportation power here. The guy who originally manifested it could only translocate over a short distance. When his heart was placed into Curtis's girlfriend she cold pretty much port to anyone just by thinking about them.)[/spoiler]

Anyway, it was a good story.

Radbacker

that was another top season, Head Butting Huitler, Zombie Cheerleaders, a character getting themselves pregnant! only in Misfits.  Nice final episode a bit sad to see Simon go and like split personality guy not sure weather to be happy for him or sad, very nice wrap up of his and Aleasha's story.
So where to now is it back next year?

CU Radbacker

Mardroid

Quote from: Radbacker on 04 January, 2012, 01:00:41 PM
So where to now is it back next year?

From the bits I've read online, apparently yes. I've read that the actors playing Simon and Aleesha won't be back though, but I don't know if that's forever. (A shame them dropping three cast members in two series, good though they largely were.)

Yes, I mostly liked series 3, although I think we've been a bit over-saturated with zombies. At least they did something a bit different with it.

Steve Green

Just been catching up with all three series on Netflix then 4OD, very impressed.

I missed the first series, so was a bit wary of jumping in until I noticed you could watch it for free on-demand...

Highly recommended if you're OK with the filthy language...

Link Prime

Quote from: Steve Green on 12 February, 2012, 10:40:55 PM
Just been catching up with all three series on Netflix then 4OD

Snap Steve- I've just gorged on series 1-3 in less than two weeks. Really, really better than I expected. Am gutted that Barry won't be back next year...unless of course he also invested in the purchase of an invulnerability power before jumping back to 2010...
Anyone hear who the new cast members are gonna be this year?