Main Menu

What's going on with Tapatalk?

Started by Noisybast, 11 April, 2012, 09:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

I don't appear to be able to read the forum with Tapatalk any more.
Yesterday, it told me the forum's Tapatalk plugin was out of date.
Today, it can't connect to the forum at all.
I need my mobile thrill-fix!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Try updating the tapatalk app, then switch your phone off and on again. It plays up for me sometimes, but that usually sorts it out.

Noisybast

Hmm. Nope. Still not working.
I can now view the forum as a guest, but it won't let me log in, which means no Active Topics view.
Wonder if a password reset will help...?

Noisybast

No. Still can't log in. On closer inspection, it appears my phone has auto-updated to Tapatalk v2, which I'm guessing is relevant...

James Stacey

It might be the version the server is using hasn't been updated for a while and is incompatible with the new client. They release updates frequently and it can be a pain to keep on top of them. V2 on the iPhone is working fine on here but I guess that doesn't help you much.

Noisybast

Indeed. Thanks for checking yours, though. Handy to compare.

I'm using Tapatalk Version 2.0.0 on Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread).
Can anybody confirm they've got that combo working on their phone?

Any Rebellion web types checking these threads lately?

Cheers!

Noisybast

Ah thank Grud for that. It's fixed!

Thanks to Julian for sorting it out...

Noisybast

Actually - no it's not. I can log in and read most threads in Active Topics, but I'm still getting "Failed to connect to forum" when I try to post   :(

dracula1

I have been banned from the forum apparently if I try access through tapatalk or if l try logging onto the forum via Opera on my mobile ? :o :(

w3bz

Ummm..yeah...

So there's a bit of a long winded issue with Tapatalk - bugger won't uninstall or reinstall. Trying to find out why that is specifically, so will try and get it sorted as soon as this place assigns some free time...

:o

dracula1

Tiplodocus

In the meantime...

On my last "smart" phone I had a free version of Tapatalk. Is that still about? The only one I can find just now costs 1.99.

Or is there an alternative I could use? I think my 3DS browser is Opera based and that seems to beautifully size everything so it fits on the 3DS screen and is readable with only the odd zoom.  My new phone (smarter than me I should add) has what appears to be a proper internet browser on it and therefore doesn't resize things to fit and I can't get the bugger to behave...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

w3bz

Yeah regardless the plugin is well and truly fudged into this version of the forum annoyingly. Going to have to look for a way around that :-\

Noisybast

I managed a reply the other day. Things is looking up! :)

Glenn Broadway

I was thinking about buying Tapatalk for my iPad so wanted to check if this forum supported it... This thread would suggest that there are 'problems'. Can someone update me on the status of Tapatalk support?

Thanks.