Main Menu

Magnificent seven the REMAKE.

Started by Devons Daddy, 20 April, 2016, 09:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

the trailer hits us on Wednesday.

thoughts,
i shall be one of the first in the line waiting to buy tickets in the rain,
ok in coffee bar with my phone, BUT.......

i still fear this.
despite some decent casting,

what is the hive minds opinion,
YES YES YES......

or we fear the reaper here.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

JamesC

As long as they don't ruin the theme music I don't mind.

Daveycandlish

Why remake good movies? No need - this one's a classic.
Remake a movie that was a good idea badly executed first time round

Jesus  >:(
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Professor Bear

The Magnificent Seven is a remake of a classic.

Echidna

The trailer is wretched, truly horrible. But it looks like there might be a half-decent film hiding behind it.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

For fuck's sake... I love the original Magnificent Seven, but that film is entirely unaffected by this new movie.

No, this doesn't look much like the Magnificent Seven I know, but I'm a sucker for a western, and I don't think you can chuck this much star talent at a movie and come out with something unwatchable.*

Cheers

Jim

*Although that Huntsman's Pie: The Winter Warmer movie sorely tested that theory...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Oh... well that as a bit... oh dear.Still we'll see.

Also is having thr boost from the director of The Equalizer really a draw?

Professor Bear

The Equalizer apparently performed really well, but you could equally ask of M7 what an anachronistic cover of House of the Rising Sun has to do with anything, or why people should get excited for one of the oldest, most well-known tropes in the book being revisited but made dumber and louder, and with a trailer where people do something and then that sound effect goes WHUMMMMMM.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those "they shouldn't remake anything ever" types, I'm just saying that this looks like it's aiming really low.

JamesC

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 April, 2016, 10:59:06 PM
For fuck's sake... I love the original Magnificent Seven, but that film is entirely unaffected by this new movie.

Apart from the minor irritation that, if this one's rubbish, you'll be checking the TV listings in a few years time and think 'oh, cool, The Magnificent Seven's on' and then you'll realise it's the rubbish new version.
I hate it when that happens.

TordelBack

If you only knew how many times I have excitedly switched channels for a dose of what is best in life, only to find Conan O'Brien's skeletal grin staring back at me...

von Boom

Quote from: Tordelback on 22 April, 2016, 09:13:49 AM
If you only knew how many times I have excitedly switched channels for a dose of what is best in life, only to find Conan O'Brien's skeletal grin staring back at me...

:lol:

Michael Knight

Why? Why? why? why? why?
The original is one of my all time fave films! Even loved the numerous sequels. Seeing the trailer of this just makes me ask Why? again.