Main Menu

Apocalypse War vs. Necropolis - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! FINALLLLL!!!!!!

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 April, 2021, 06:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Bolt-01

paddykafka

Oh, this one's a toughie but Necropolis just makes it by a whisker.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Southstreeter

GoGilesGo

anyone not voting for The Apocalypse War is just disrespecting Judge Souster's memory...and that ain't right.

credo

Hmmm...

Apocalypse War
Build up: Block Mania and Pirates of the Black Atlantic
Aftermath: Anything with rad-pits, rehoming citizens and that one with the robot wrestler. Plus anything related to the Sovs/Orlok.

Necropolis
Build up: There's an argument for all the democracy stuff and bloodlines stuff, plus The Deadman, Tales of the Deadman, Countdown to Necropolis and, arguably, all the Dark Judge stories up to that point.
Aftermath: The referendum, Dredd without a nose, Silver's return, Judgement on Gotham, the burial pits in Judgement Day, Young Death (and thus Mrs Gunderson), plus a good few one offs (including a great PJ Maybe).

Simply for the thrill of reading it at the time, and it being the end of 'classic' period Dredd, I have to go with Necropolis.

Funt Solo

To be hoisted by one own's petard, literally, was to try to blow up a castle gate with a small home-made bomb with a dodgy fuse (the petard) and then get thrown up into the air (that's the hoisting bit) by the blast when it all went horribly wrong.

Those French, eh?

---

The Apocalypse War, in which the Sovs were hoisted by their own TADs.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dr Feeley Good

TordelBack

Much as I love everything about Necropolis, it just has to be Apocalypse War, for sheer unbeatable re-readability, world-defining events and a musical number (and definitely not just for microscopic topless Anderson).