Main Menu

It`s PC to say FC

Started by Floyd-the-k, 01 December, 2003, 02:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Here`s another "life imitates 2000 AD" link for you all.

cheers,

Floyd

Link: http://www.crayon.net/read.cgi?floydebo@gol.com" target="_blank">facially challenged

Devons Daddy

link not working Floyd

what was it reffering too.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

bother.  the link was to http://www.crayon.net/read.cgi?floydebo@gol.com

which is my newspaper

and the article was about an uglies contest.  FC refers to "facially challenged". Here it is

Ugly scenes as facially challenged compete
Hong Kong
December 1, 2003

Print this article  
  Email to a friend  

China has staged a Miss Ugly contest a week before it hosts the Miss World competition, a report said yesterday.

Fifty women competed in the contest for the facially challenged in Shanghai, which had as its top prize plastic surgery worth 100,000 yuan ($A16,500).

Zhang Di, 26, won on the basis that her appearance would most benefit from plastic surgery, the Sunday Morning Post said.

"My small eyes, flat nose and poor skin have been such a burden to me that I have no self-confidence," she said.

The manager of the plastic surgery centre that will treat her promised to make her "a totally different girl" within two weeks. More than 100 of the world's most beautiful women are in China for the finals of the Miss World contest on December 6 on Hainan Island.

Plastic surgery has boomed in China as prosperity has increased in recent years. One woman, Hao Lulu, made nationwide headlines this year when she had six months of plastic surgery costing 300,000 yuan ($A50,000) to improve her looks and prospects of getting a job.

Krustabi

Whoo-hoo! Thanks Floyd, now I have a new way to insult my brother!

Queen Firey-Bou

ahhhh i find that really sad, its like a freak show thinly guised as doing its poor victims 'a favor' poor lassies !

(charlton heston voice) "goddam you society, its you who is the ugly one!"

Jared Katooie

Ah, but is it the fault of the contest for presenting the opportunity or the females who choose to be part of it?

J.

"All crime iss comitted by choicce therefore choicce itssself mussst be a crime! Sssimple logic yet sso feewww off you ssseem to be able to grasssp it!"

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah! because they are expoliting the desperation of these women for entertainingment!

eh eh! wanna fight ?!

Jared Katooie

Hmm. Maybe you're right...

Still they're only women anyway!

Jared runs like the wind...

Krustabi

Kill 'im Bou! KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunk!

Unattractive woman at that...
"Trust we"

Dudley

The desperation of these women for plastic surgery, was that Bou?  Not terribly feminist, is it?

Sez Dudley, who's actually had cosmetic surgery, but wouldn't have gone up in public to plead for the chance...