Main Menu

Can we find a character or strip that NO-ONE likes?

Started by paulvonscott, 16 February, 2002, 07:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

I remember not being very fond of Roadkill.

paulvonscott

You know guys, I think this was a long, ever winding series of threads.  And some of your rescues may have already been achieved.  But if you wish to, by all means carry it on.

Byron Virgo

Pyroxian

Shako Rocked

Babe Race 2000 Sucked Donkeys.

Wasn't there som other crap future-sports thing around that time too with people riding dinosaurs? It sucked (and was probably written by Mark Millar)

Steve

Bico

It was written by John Smith.  Slaughterbowl.

Dry Run - yes.  Shite.
Golden Fox Rebellion - also shite.

thrillpowerseeker

Get Slaine off that list now!..theres only been a couple of dodgy episodes since The Horned God imho..in fact if you check the Thrillpower scores a lot of other peoples as well!..only The Secret Commonwealth scores under 6..and some of the post Horned God stuff is as good as anything before it particularly The Treasures of Britain and Lords of Misrule..The Books of Invasions series currently running has produced some spectacular artwork too..no no no Slaine is a Top thrill as judged by THE SQUAXX...

T.P.S

and Dinosty too..Lovely Langley paintjob that..

thrillpowerseeker

also remember 58 covers and 18 Gn's...match that Dead Meat Tao de Moto and all the other stinking turds..

Jared Katooie

I loved Roadkill. It was super.

Disliked Bad Company 2002 though I did laugh maniacally at some of the more ridiculous moments.

Grant Goggans

I had a good giggle about Danny Franks unzipping the Krool Heart from the inside and stepping out from it...

About the only Slaine I really enjoyed since the last Fabry black-and-white story was the adaptation of The Swan Children, oddly enough.  The dialogue in part 2 when the evil nasty tells Slaine all the children are dead is really effective and creepy.

--Grant

thrillpowerseeker

yep..I'd count that even though it is based on a celtic myth..

Floyd-the-k

I liked Skizz III.  Having read I and II since, I still likeit. The Gunlords are great b
characters, as is their indestructible Brummie-accented robot.  The Aussie stuff is cliched and inaccurate, but I`m used to that. The sf is interesting.

is that spirited enough?

I wonder if Junker has any fans.

Floyd (who also thougjt zzzenith.com was lazy bollocks

wrighty47

I'm gonna jump in to defend Harlem Heroes. Great art, superb future sports excitment, lots of violence (always a good thing), great villain (Archie Gruber) and one of the first UK strips to feature black characters so prominantly. Get it off the that list now.

Oh, and yes, I liked the sequel too!

Alan!

The Monarch

There are only three series which have caused me to either almost quit or quit tooth since i first started reading in 1990

Wireheads: after the amazing final book of zenith ended i really had no reason to stay on with the book as all of it was cack at the time i quit but the one which really pushed me was Wireheads. words cannot describe how bad it (and on a later reading of back issues its sort of sequal para sites) are.

Bison: i've said too much of this crap already so i'll skip it. only the high quality of the rest of the thrills in the issues this turd featured in kept me buying tooth.

Creep: tecnically meg but caused me to quit the meg for a looooong time afterwards (i returned when preacher started)

I almost included synnamon but the second micro series of it impressed me a bit so it gets a reprieve from me.

so to recap

Wireheads

Parasites

Dr Gonzo

What about A life less Ordinary?

It was a adaptation of a bloody romantic comedy for gods sake. It also featured some of Steve Yeowells worst artwork ever.

I think its just cause it was run alongside the space girls that everyone forgets how bad it was.

Goosegash

Would anyone be prepared to stick-up for Repo-Mex? No? Although to be fair it was only a one-off...

(sorry, Dave)