Main Menu

SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL PLUGS!

Started by Dudley, 16 December, 2003, 06:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

What with all the announcements from comics vendors, potters and the like, I thought to myself, "Why not have an entire thread, which people can ignore at their leisure, entirely devoted to shameless commercial plugs?"  

And here it is.  Any money-making activities that you as a boarder may wish to promote can be added below, ensuring that the money of this little community is kept within the community at all times.

...Dudley

PS This is in no way a cheap way to disguise my own shameless promotion of Comedy at Madame Jo-Jo's tonight!!!, with the hottest and cheapest comedy line-up in London.  Come & I'll buy you a pint!!!

Link: http://www.underhand.net/jojo.php" target="_blank">London Comedy at its finest

Oddboy

Dudley - maybe I will come along. Oddgirl & I were planning on going to a comedy show on Sunday, but ended up at the cinema instead. Will there be tickets on the door?

And which comic are you? (Or are you the bouncer?)
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Dudley

Madame Jo-Jo sadly passed away many a year ago, and the male strippers in drag who honour her memory won't be there tonight (thank the Big Fella).

I have a very very tiny stake in proceedings as the organisers are also the organisers of the group I've been writing sketches for (mostly old university buddies).

As I'm not an organiser myself I hope you'll consider this an unbiased review when I say that I've only seen 1 bad set out of 12 at this venue, and laughed so much at some of them that I was in physical pain afterwards.

...Dudley

Art

Dud - did you buy a copy of FutureQuake from smallzone yet? It's in the crime section whilst you're at it, cos it's ace.

Dudley

Art - they haven't put it onto the credit card ordering facility yet, will slap an order in the post instead.  To make up the postage, what other fine small press comics would people recommend?

Oddboy

Tales/Mortuary is indeed "Ace"

I'll see what the missus reckons, but we might be there.

If you see us we'll be expecting alcohol!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

ahem, thankyou Dudley once again for allowing me the pointless humiliation of plugging myself on the board.

pottery
swords
jewellery
art
mural painting
web design
dog walking
car valeting
bog cleaning
turnip paring
begging
anything.... all major credit cards accepted

PLEEEEEEESE !http://www.balnacra.com">

Dudley

Dammit!  Had a turnip desperately needed paring only last week...if only I'd known, I'd have spared myself everything... the forks, the oil, the X-ray in Casualty...

...Dudley

Queen Firey-Bou

sob... what kind of advert is that when i can't even get the link right...

Link: http://www.balnacra.com" target="_blank">more fires, thats what i need, wheres the matches?

Tanky

swords And a chaisaw?! Bou, i think i love you and u can borrow me guitarist whenever! anyways...

Mighty Snortin Powder Rangers next gig
13th Jan @ the Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth with 3 other local bands tbc. 'bout 3quid probably! Turn up for Ska-punkery, beer and general shenanigans.

We also have a show in Soho on 28th Jan. More details as i have them

Anyone know of any lovely promoters who want a ska puk band to play somewhere? Give us a shout
xTGx

DavidXBrunt

Oooh, that's given me a Birthday present idea! How are you at Pandas or Dolphins? Would a decorated vase or bowl or cup with one of those on be possible Bou?

Art

I suspect if you just type its name into the form it will sort itself out...

As for other small press comics on that site to make up the postage... Well, obviously anything by Chris Askham is great, and I think I think I've heard good things about Fusion, but basically its worth surfing around it to see what takes your fancy.

Queen Firey-Bou

yeay ! tankie ! mutal slap on back club..
i guess you rback could play our village hall? it only takes 14+ hours to get here, & the red-necks would chase you away with shinty sticks, but the local juves would Soooo love a gig thats not Donnie mAcdonald of donaldson singing sea shanties of donaldswhick. sure i can get a funding grant sorted....

did you ever meet Route 215 (iirc) london ska-punkers, my cousin was the bassist? dunno me being stupid, when he said ska punk , i scratched my head & said hmmm thats unusual ? course i was thinking 'ska' too-tone maddness the specials? showing me age.. ska..te ahhhhhhhhhhh! yeah micheal did work in 'skate of mind' nr covent garden ? surely everyone in england knows each other yes?

Tanky

Well, bou i don't recall route 215, but we do sound a bit like the selecter (and got to play with them a few times - woohoo!) We went for a skatey sound and ended up a bit two tone! which is nice!