Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

Drokktober day 5. Skipped a couple. Prompt is Anderson. Reference this time - a Linda Hamilton photo, and Henry Flint for the uniform. Took my time with this one! Didn't quite get the face; rest is OK.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

Lovely Arthur Ranson vibe there!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Le Fink

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 October, 2023, 05:18:37 PMLovely Arthur Ranson vibe there!

Wow, that's a nice compliment thanks Shark. If only! I do love his detailed style. Can't imagine how he did it panel after panel.

Le Fink

Hoagy

Great use of black, Fink, nice new positioning for Anderson and especially like the light bounce on her cheek you've created with crosshatching.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Le Fink

Quote from: Hoagy on 08 October, 2023, 01:57:06 PMGreat use of black, Fink, nice new positioning for Anderson and especially like the light bounce on her cheek you've created with crosshatching.
Cheers Hoagy, it's lit more or less as in the photo reference, which was high contrast, lots of black, my cup of tea. Yeah I was pleased with the cheek and the knee pad on the left came out quite nicely  :)

Hoagy

Mega city one pin up for the month of November!

Just a sultry crusader of the law with his day stick.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

The Legendary Shark

Lot of confident energy going on there - me like.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Great stuff Hoagy don't know what his intentions are with the day stick but I don't want to be on the end if it (literally) - now get cracking on a Xmas one for the Advent 😉 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Le Fink

Great pic, what a pose - Dredd looks like someone just insulted his daystick. The temerity!

Woolly

Le Fink - Bloody hell mate  :o  Sharky wasn't wrong with his comparison to Arthur Ranson! Extraordinarily good stuff!

Hoagy - Fantastic stuff yet again. Particularly good shoulder eagle!

Le Fink

Quote from: Woolly on 08 November, 2023, 05:09:51 PMLe Fink - Bloody hell mate  :o  Sharky wasn't wrong with his comparison to Arthur Ranson! Extraordinarily good stuff!
Blimey thanks! While not traced, it's very much cleaving to reference, so don't get too excited ;)

Recently read some John Burns interviews where he said illustrators should use reference but not be a slave to it. I would love to have that ability! It requires so much time practicing figure drawing.

Woolly

Quote from: Le Fink on 09 November, 2023, 10:40:48 AM
Quote from: Woolly on 08 November, 2023, 05:09:51 PMLe Fink - Bloody hell mate  :o  Sharky wasn't wrong with his comparison to Arthur Ranson! Extraordinarily good stuff!
Blimey thanks! While not traced, it's very much cleaving to reference, so don't get too excited ;)

Recently read some John Burns interviews where he said illustrators should use reference but not be a slave to it. I would love to have that ability! It requires so much time practicing figure drawing.

I'm sure I read somewhere a few years ago that the Ranson droid was taking photo's of fans at conventions, to use as background characters in his panel work. With their consent of course!

But take that with a pinch of salt - my memory is a bit swiss cheese these days...

Hoagy

Thanks very much for your kind comments.

I will look into advent calendar!
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.