Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbell

Cover for the upcoming Faster Than Light from Orang Utan Comics. Colours by the awesome Fin Cramb.

CrazyFoxMachine

The colours ARE fantastic

- this is a really striking cover actually, bloody great :D

Danbell

Cheers Fox. Fin rendered my favourite sky ever there. Seriously, I havent seen a real sky look that good.

radiator

A while ago I was considering creating my own custom DVD covers for the Star Wars trilogy. The ones that usually get released - especially the new Blu-Ray ones - are so ugly and garish I wondered if I could create something a bit more subtle - I could then print them off on some nice paper and post them online for others to download.

I had a bit of free time and this is what I came up with - I should say this is very much a rough draft  - R2 is little more than a sketch really. Everything still needs a lot of tweaking and tightening up before it's finished, and even the dimensions are are totally wrong at the moment - just trying to get a feel for how it would look.

Each of the three films would have similarly simple cover illustration and matching design, but with a differing colour scheme - blue, white and cyan for Empire and various shades of green for Jedi...

Cpt Rhodes

Checking in after a long absence. Brilliant stuff of late.
The DVD covers for Star Wars are truly awful. Like your approach radiator.

NeilFord

@Danbell - very nice, like the angles a lot!

radiator

A bit more polish - much happier with it now...

Matt Timson

Pffft...

CrazyFoxMachine

Radiator everything you do makes me want to roll on the floor with joy

here is a teaser for an upcoming comic which will also feature the forum's own Ghostpockets & Jimbo

Jon

Blimey, there's a comic for Elemental now? My mate Moog makes the videos for him (well, two of 'em, don't know if there's any more).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELH0ivexKA

radiator

Here's the (pretty much) finished version:

Hoagy

I notice you are in fact leaving it paginated as disc one on the spine. Deferring any association with the Roman numerology and sequence. On purpose, laconically, or just plain indifferently?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

radiator

Because it's a DVD sleeve from a universe where the prequels and the Special Editions don't exist.

Hoagy

Okay. It was a little thing but I wanted to know.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Emperor

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 20 September, 2011, 01:43:24 PM
here is a teaser for an upcoming comic which will also feature the forum's own Ghostpockets & Jimbo

Oooo good news about the comic and a fitting art team to realise it too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+