Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Bhuna on 28 July, 2012, 05:02:14 PM
For this months http://www.stockportcomixcollective.blogspot.co.uk entry.

Lovely work!

(Albeit slightly spooky. That could almost be this from a different angle...)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bhuna

Cheers Jim, great minds think alike!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

radiator

I've been working on a Dredd movie poster print for a while now - this is actually my second aborted attempt.

I quite like aspects of it, but in the end I think I rushed it a bit and there are so many little things about it that bother me (Dredd's legs/hands, angle of the buildings, Peach Trees block looking all wrong because I didn't have any reference for it, the buildings in general looking a bit shit etc) I decided to scrap it and start again - after all, if I'm going to frame the damn thing and hang it on my wall, it better be something I'm 100% happy with (or as near as possible). Third attempt is coming along well, will post here if I ever get the time to finish it!

Danbo

Cool,your pencils are way neater than my scruffy offerings.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

radiator

I never draw from scratch these days - these 'pencils' are actually scanned-in thumbnail sketches (literally a couple of inches tall), composited together and quickly sketched over in Photoshop, then printed out at low opacity onto A3 paper for me to do the proper pencils over.

Sounds long-winded but I find it speeds me up in the long run - takes a lot of the pain out of the sketching stage - I used to wear out the drawing surface with so much erasing and redoing. So much easier with all the composition and anatomy loosely in place to draw over and build on, though it didn't help in this case, obviously!

Danbo

Ahh never thought of doing owt like that,cool.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Mardroid

Nice.

I particularly like the very young gangly looking Anderson.

SKD

Excellent work radiator, and I thought I was the only one to have a long-winded approach to drawing. Due to a lack of confidence and a penchant for f***ing up. I tend to sketch on A4, then trace and refine the image on tracing paper, turn over to follow the lines and make any other alterations before turning over again and repeating the process to get the image onto the paper. then pencil over the faint tracing line and finally ink. This is probably why i'm so bloody slow. ;)

Stew.   

RossBam

here's page 1 of a 4-page summary of a graphic novel idea i have for the story of Sir Francis Drake - i'm a sucker for history as well as the future - this is him dying of Dysentry aboard his ship off the coast of Panama, and starting the story off by remembering his childhood in Devon and being uprooted from the town of his birth.

staticgirl

Martin Jameson

Something my daughter did today on artrage. Pretty proud of her to be honest, nice and simple with good use of colour. She's only 11 and all she wants to be is an artist :)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Light Surfer on 01 August, 2012, 12:03:14 AM
Something my daughter did today on artrage. Pretty proud of her to be honest, nice and simple with good use of colour. She's only 11 and all she wants to be is an artist :)

Good eye. Lovely use of colour. Don't school and the 'career advisors' knock that desire out of her.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

staticgirl

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 August, 2012, 09:12:30 AM
Quote from: Light Surfer on 01 August, 2012, 12:03:14 AM

Good eye. Lovely use of colour. Don't school and the 'career advisors' knock that desire out of her.

Cheers

Jim

Oh so very very very very very much THIS.

I was made too frightened to try. Still am.

Dunk!

Don't know if this has been posted somewhere else on the board, but here's a one panel preview of the Anderson strip I did for the next Zarjaz (script by Lee Robson).

An experiment in Manga Studio EX which was a dream to use.

http://thequaequamblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/coming-soon-anderson-psi-i-death.html
"Trust we"

Phuz

This sums up my experience of art education...