Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil McClements

Space Girl, although I have had it pointed out thats its a little close to Venus Bluegenes!

Bhuna

That is really nice Archie. What have you done it in?
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Hawkmumbler

Some of these effects are so far beyond me I struggle to understand how they are formed. :lol:
Adore that Archie. :D

Proudhuff

Could be Halo Jones...if she keeps her top on  :D
DDT did a job on me

Neil McClements

Thanks Neil, Hawk. It's pencil and various digital brush patterns with a watercolour texture background. All the digital was done on our friend Manga Studio. The water colour was used as the colour palette for the figure.

Cpt Rhodes

Lovely image and that digital water colour effect is tremendous. I'll need to look into that, never tried that before.

Bhuna

MS4 isn't my friend at the moment, it's not playing fair!  >:(
I honestly thought you'd done it in MS5 though Archie.
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Neil McClements

Thanks Alex, all I'll say is layers, layers upon layers and opacity settings. I don't dont have MS5 yet I'm waiting for the EX version to arrive. 4 is still pretty solid for me.

JayzusB.Christ

My first shot at spraypainting.  No artistic skills required, just followed instructions on YouTube

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

shaolin_monkey

:o
Please point us to the youtube instructional video!!!

JayzusB.Christ

Certainly.  Seriously, it's a piece of piss - just grab some glossy board, some old magazines, a sock and two cans of spraypaint.  You'll also notice I bottled it when it came to the big tree in the foreground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJy-jBsD62E
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

michael kennedy

managed to get my digital drawing pretty close to my brush work with this 'warm up' picture.

the caption is specific to a project i'm working on.

pauljholden

Batman and Robin

Have finally reached the point where I'm more comfortable digital drawing than traditional drawing.

(drawn in manga studio 4)

-pj
(If any mods wants to delete the same post in the 'attempts at sample script' thread that'd be awesome...)

Darren Stephens

Terrific inking P.J. Particularly on Robin. Very John Romita Jr, one of my favourite superhero book artists. :-)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^