Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

That's a bit special that, Darren.

And Jon - ? That knocking at your door is me. I know it's late but I've come to eat your hands.

we66y

Wow Darren, old stony facees face looks great, the only problem is it looks like his helmet is red instead of black with a red stripe. Other than that its really brilliant

Skullmo

Space Jam!

This does actually serve a purpose but is generally a pulp SF parody

It's a joke. I was joking.

Darren Stephens

Ooooh, like that, Skullmo!  Cheers for the feedback, fellas. We66y, you are quite right. There should be some blue/black visable, at least above the visor. Ah well, like I say, just a wee bit of practice really.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Albion

The Liberator from Blakes 7.
Done on the iPad with the Procreate app.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

DoomBot

Albion, how did you manage to do that with Procreate? My efforts with that or any other app on the Ipad turn out rubbish so all the more impressive.

Been fiddling with this one on and off for what feels like an eternity:

SKD

Great work guys.
The Liberator is still one of my favourite space ship designs, nice one.
Excellent Dredd there Darren.

Stew.

Albion

Quote from: DoomBot on 27 May, 2013, 12:14:11 PM
Albion, how did you manage to do that with Procreate? My efforts with that or any other app on the Ipad turn out rubbish so all the more impressive.

And how the hootin' heck did you do that image above. It's awesome.
There's some wonderful art on this thread. I really enjoy the stuff here and in the doodle and art comp threads too.

Thanks for the kind comments I've had recently. I always see a lot of faults in what I do and the comments I get are very encouraging. I've really got back into drawing recently.

As for Procreate it just seems to suit me quite well. I like the fact I can just have a go when I want drawing on the iPad. I can do it anywhere and all I need is the ipad and my stylus. I do tend to google for images as reference for what I'm doing. I also do sometimes trace the basic image outline as you can import photos into Procreate. Cheating a bit maybe but it saves a lot of time and I can build the image up from there.

I only use a cheap stylus I got on eBay. It's like a brush at one end and works very well. I also just purchased some new brushes in the app for the space effects and they work really well.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Neil McClements

Dr Manhattan form former 2000ad talents Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

Jon

Thanks for all the kind - and amazing - comments.

Also;

Archie, I'm loving your wash stuff.

Doombot, that looks great! ESPECIALLY the left hand. Really good.

Albion, you've made me want to track down Blake's Seven videos now. Also kudos for having more patience with an iPad than I've so far mustered. I think it's the lag.

Darren, that Dredd's great. I'm generally in awe of your palette, I still seem to end up in muddy wash territory even digitally.

Owen - um, what?  :o

Here's a dragon I drew today instead of going out in the sun*

*I did go out in the sun really. It were nice.

Mabs

Quote from: Jon on 25 May, 2013, 03:42:28 PM
Bit of a splurge of recent digital paints because, I dunno, it's Saturday;

Like something out of the minds of Bosch and Miyazaki......absolutely sublime!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Jon on 27 May, 2013, 10:54:39 PM

Darren, that Dredd's great. I'm generally in awe of your palette, I still seem to end up in muddy wash territory even digitally.

Thanks very much, Jon. I think it goes back to when I worked traditionally. Back then, I tended to use watercolour inks, which are very vibrant. I still prefer bright colours tody, though with digital, I can reign it in......a bit! Lovely dragon, by the way.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

CrazyFoxMachine

Time to muddy up this thread with some bad art!

A page of mine from Professor Elemental Comics #2 :D

Hawkmumbler

Cpt Rhodes

Passing the hour before I start work just scrolling through these latest images. Great stuff going on here. Inspirational.