Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

Colin YNWA

Wow that Dredd head seems like a strange hybrid between Colin MacNeil and Cam Kennedy... I think its the shape of MacNeil and the lines of Kennedy... well to my tired eyes!

amines2058

With a bit of Henry Flint in the mix as well I thought. Cracking picture though! :)

SIP

:) I'll happily settle for any of those similarities ! Cheers.

Steven Austin

Lovely work Si, beautifully clean and I concur with the Dredd head comparisons....great eagle too.

Skullmo

Quote from: amines2058 on 21 October, 2013, 09:56:08 PM
With a bit of Henry Flint in the mix as well I thought. Cracking picture though! :)

Yeah, I was going to throw in Flint too - A great job! That's a really great looking Dredd
It's a joke. I was joking.

Hoagy

Always forgetting or being too dismissive about finishes... This is the levelled up version. Much better in my opinion but alas I've already entered the unfinished piece into the art comp. FFS.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Goaty

Last week, I start themed illustrations on Horror films for Halloween.

30 Days of Night

Halloween

The Lost Boys

The Cabin in the Woods

The Thing

Pan's Labyrinth

JayzusB.Christ

Good stuff, Hoagy.  The Photoshop effects add just the right kind of atmosphere.  Haven't seen your unfinished one in the art competition but I'll get round to it.

As for me, here's my latest window painting - quite happy with it, as I tried a new technique and it seems to have worked.  Also the window's about 8 foot high and right in the very centre of Dublin, so hopefully it'll give a boost to business.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Oh NO, OH GOOD JESUS CHRIST!!!!! :D

>:(

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 26 October, 2013, 09:04:31 PM
Oh NO, OH GOOD JESUS CHRIST!!!!! :D

>:(

Ha!  Just saw it in the cinema a couple of weeks ago.  The one I painted is the one from the Nicholas Cage version though.
[spoiler]Is it fuck.[/spoiler]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Richmond Clements

As you're told every time you start a new thread for your art, Goaty, there already is one to display your art on.

Goaty

Oh it was in My Art Look Big? I can't find my early works on any threads.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 26 October, 2013, 09:08:27 PM
Cool!

(That was about Goaty's art, by the way, not my own.  Or the Nicholas Cage Wicker Man.  It was moved from Goaty's thread)