How old is Johnny Alpha?

Started by Magnetica, 08 September, 2018, 08:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 September, 2018, 04:19:12 PM
Quote from: Pyroxian on 17 September, 2018, 03:26:41 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 17 September, 2018, 03:14:47 PM
If he was born in 2150, he is minus 132.  Z

Also, only 14 years before another Nuclear war in the Dredd-verse :)

When Britain gets nuked so hard that Brit Cit disappears and all pre-Megacity towns grow back again.

Obviously a deliberate design decision by the reconstruction committee...

Mardroid

When Britain gets nuked so hard that Brit Cit disappears and all pre-Megacity towns grow back again.

Actually, Brit-cit does appear in at least one SD story, but not more than 3 I think*. But, yes, the other UK cities (Milton-Keynes, anyway) seem to have returned.

*I forget precisely which one(s), but I believe it was either a reboot or back-flash stories though. If the former, then the canon is perhaps subjective. A bit of retcontinuity, either way. I kind of like the idea of Brit-cit being a constant in different strips. A lynchpin for geek/nerd types like us to to speculate about. That's not to say I think Dredd, Robo-Hunter and SD actually share a continuity, although the first and last sometimes do.**

**I like Jim's idea that Dredd is part of SD's history, but SD is not necessarily in Dredd's future.

Robin Low

Brit-Cit's layout and size is really rather vague. That John Smith story in the meg with the horse-head guy suggests there's still proper countryside out there.

In the same way some people today seem to think that only London and the south-east matter, I can imagine Brit-Cit only refers to an expanded London. However, googling some maps (that one from Shamballa) shows Brit-Cit only covering the lower part of England. Milton Keynes could be just a northern suburb

Regards,

Robin

Frank

Quote from: Robin Low on 17 September, 2018, 06:31:42 PM
Brit-Cit's layout and size is really rather vague ... there's still proper countryside out there

... and leafy suburbs with brick semis and concrete pavements:

Judge Dredd: The Lion's Den, Carroll & Holden, 1979 - 1980

Steve Green

sheridan

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"