Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CLASSIC - POOL 4 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 October, 2020, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Funt Solo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 22 October, 2020, 08:50:38 AM
Simon Harrison, for Revere and, yes, Strontium Dog - huge shoes to step into but I thought his take on McNulty was great.

Jon Davis-Hunt, for great work on Tempest and Age of the Wolf.

Harrison & Hunt for me, as well.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Simon Harrison for kinetic energy and generally being amazing.

Then Rian Hughes for exuberance and style.
We never really die.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Andy B

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

I had the time of my life
with this vote
But tomorrow it most come to a close
So to you I do say
Get you votes in Toodayyyy
I count up in the morning....

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSE

Well I got this one entirely wrong, but it also represents everything that this tourney will be about with votes spread across almost all the talent. I thought the votes would go to Alex Ronald, his strip work is a personal favourite of mine and he has recent covers to really remind folks of his talent. Second I thought Mike White would get old school votes, though I wasn't confident of this.

I also would have voted for Simon Harrison but thought his work was too devisive to get through. What utter poppycock! Simon Harrison unique fleshy styling stormed this one.

He's joined my an artist who, if their Battle work were included I'd have voted for in a second, but whose work for Tharg I'm not massive on, but then I've not seen his Armitage stuff (yet its lined up for a read some time). Yes the qualifiers here are:

Simon Harrison

John Cooper

broodblik

I was never a fan of Simon Harrison's work but he had a very unique and specific style. The masses decided so whom am I to complain.  Glad John Cooper got the vote at least.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.