Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! - This week and then knock-outs

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 March, 2021, 01:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Okay so a quick update as we move towards the end of Dredd Epics Ranked Better. The week will start with Round 9 and Play for positions 28 - 21 and all will seem normal... but then THURSDAY it begins to change.

Round 10 isn't a knockout round, by which I mean no Epics will be knocked out. We will still have three Epics, you will still vote for your top three in order - so all will seem tranquill and calm BUT then when I count up you will see that things have changes - nothing will be the same again people. No instead of 4 going to the next round and 4 going to a play off for positions all 8 will progress BUT round 10 will have given these Epics a seeding.

The depending on nhow much Easter disrupts things week beginning 29th March we will start to see the difference. Using AlexF's ranking as seeds for positions 1-8 and the results from Round 10 giving us seeding 9-16 we will enter knock-outs.

There won't be draw as is traditional, rather the seedings will decide who faces who. So Seed 1 will meet Seed 16, Seed 2 will meet Seed 15, Seed 3 meet Seed 14 etc. Winner progressing to the Quarter finals. Two a day so we'll be done in a week or so. The 8 losers will go into a playoff for positions 16-9.

The Play-off vote will be different on Monday 29th as well, as we will only need to decide positions 20 - 17 so there will on be 4 Epics to pick from...

...look there's reasons for all this - which I can no longer really remember, but hopefully it will all be immense fun and if you've not sure don't worry I have a spreadsheet to explain it all as ever...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1buImPx18oIiFVgl0CWuIolTQJzPej1T42B6Z_rQV3OI/edit?usp=sharing

IndigoPrime

True fact: Colin's spreadsheet is one of the few things that can be seen from orbit.