Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basilisk

I saw Iron Man 3 this Friday. Very nice stuff, but... somehow a little dissapointed. You'll know why.
Ah, Henry Peter Gyrich -- I should'a guessed. Tell me -- do you National Security Council Guys get a cheaper rate buyin' those sunglasses in bulk?

El Chivo

Seven Psychopaths

Good fun. Rockwell, Walken & Harrelson all great 'acting' as loonies

Chi

Charlie boy

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 April, 2013, 11:17:11 AM
Jeez, just how many of us watched Season of the Witch last night???
Nowhere near enough of us and you know it!
As for the bad reviews it received- personally, I enjoyed it because it was pretty silly. There's a big difference between a film being really enjoyable because it's not exactly brilliant (Season of the Witch being my latest example, but I'd also say two unrelated films- The A Team and Undisputed- are good examples) and a film being awful because it's just bad. I mean, every time the worst movies of all time list is made, Plan 9 from Outer Space hits the top spot. I actually enjoy watching that film, unlike Independence Day to name a film I find to be truly awful!

Hawkmumbler

I don't know what i was on last night, but I thought Mardroid was on about Halloween 3: Season of the Witch while all others where on about the Nic Cage film. Sorry for the screw up of the screw up.

ThryllSeekyr

I saw Season of the Witch a while ago now. I thought the CGI wolves were cool.

I just now watched Dark Shadows. The version with Johnny Depp in it. Watching this makes me wish they would bring back the original series.

I also watched Christine. The one about the demonic car, but can't comment to much on it as I fell asleep half way through it.

I recorded so I'll watch it entirely some other time.

I won't be bothering with Iron Man Three until it comes to television.

JamesC

Event Horizon.

The potential is there for a good film. I like the premise, production design is good and it has a great cast. It's all let down by the script though.
I had no reason to care about any of the characters, there was no suspense and the horrific bits weren't scary, jumpy or shocking.
It's a shame really. I would say it could do with a remake but I think most of this ground was covered by Sunshine.

Mabs

Quote from: JamesC on 28 April, 2013, 04:34:41 PM
Event Horizon.

The potential is there for a good film. I like the premise, production design is good and it has a great cast. It's all let down by the script though.
I had no reason to care about any of the characters, there was no suspense and the horrific bits weren't scary, jumpy or shocking.
It's a shame really. I would say it could do with a remake but I think most of this ground was covered by Sunshine.

I've a soft spot for Event Horizon. Like you say though it's let down by a poor script, a shame as it starts off really well but loses itself maybe half way through. The premise is awesome though; a ship that bends time and space to travel light years in an instant, but goes too close to a dark place (Hell) and comes back.....different! Sam Neill's demonstration of the Event Horizon's travelling prowess is demonstarted very nicely at the begining. And the shot of the Event Horizon for the first time is simply awesome to say the least....cloaked in the deadly mists of Neptune. Wow. Who ever did the production design for the film and the ship in particular, take a bow. It's definitely Paul W.S. Anderson's more better efforts and vastly better than the AvP crap he would go on to make some years later.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Charlie boy

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 April, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
I don't know what i was on last night, but I thought Mardroid was on about Halloween 3: Season of the Witch while all others where on about the Nic Cage film. Sorry for the screw up of the screw up.
Go stand in the corner until you're told different, Hawkmonger... Or at least until you've seen the "right" Season of the Witch film! I've got to go shopping tomorrow; if Tescos has Season of the Witch for £5 I'll be a little disappointed- that's at least £2 more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Charlie boy on 28 April, 2013, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 April, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
Go stand in the corner until you're told different, Hawkmonger... Or at least until you've seen the "right" Season of the Witch film! I've got to go shopping tomorrow; if Tescos has Season of the Witch for £5 I'll be a little disappointed- that's at least £2 more than I'm willing to pay for it.

Charlie boy

^^
You can come on out now- if only because I don't want you or anybody else here to risk missing Escape From New York on ITV4 tomorrow...

Recrewt

Saw Jack Reacher last night and thought it was pretty good.  There has been much moaning about Mr Cruise's shorter stance than Lee Child's character (6ft 5ins for those who have not read one), but I thought he did a good job and there were a few times that I thought - yeah, typical Reacher.  Well worth a watch.

Buttonman

Enjoyed Sightseers tonight - black as pitch but plenty of laughs.

shaolin_monkey

I watched 'The Cabin in the Woods' last night. It was really good!

Link Prime

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 29 April, 2013, 06:28:10 PM
I watched 'The Cabin in the Woods' last night. It was really good!

Yeah, really liked that too Shaolin.
Keep meaning to buy it for a re-watch / pause and identify horror reference marathon!

Eric Plumrose

It's a lot of fun, sure. But its cleverness serves little to no purpose, other than to have the geeks going "Ooh, look!"
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.