Main Menu

Account Limitations

Started by pwog, 08 December, 2011, 01:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pwog

Hi All,

I understand the need for limitations to new accounts, but can anyone tell me if one of those limitations is access to my profile? Just checking to see if it's on purpose or if there is a problem with my account.

TIA

Pwog

Emperor

Someone did ask recently and I checked (although that question is now gone as they were a spammer!) but it does seem you can't edit your profile too - it stops the stealth spammers who sign up and then spam us through the signatures.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pete Wells

Once you've posted a naked picture of your missus, then those limitation are lifted.

vark

Toughest forum I've ever been :(

But I will keep up posting until they let me in! >:D

vzzbux

Thats the spirit Vark.
Welcome to you both.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

pwog

I'm with you vark - here for the long haul.

At least this answers my question (and now I will be able to sleep at night).

pwog

Psidude

vark

Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 December, 2011, 03:58:45 PM
Once you've posted a naked picture of your missus, then those limitation are lifted.
Thy missus sadly won't (your loss). But as proof of my good will here is an unpublished picture of Clint Langley's Sláine (from the french edition, absent from the uk paperback if I'm not mistaken):

Alien Goodness

Quote from: Emperor on 08 December, 2011, 02:21:31 PM
Someone did ask recently and I checked (although that question is now gone as they were a spammer!) but it does seem you can't edit your profile too - it stops the stealth spammers who sign up and then spam us through the signatures.

I was wondering why I couldn't access my profile too.

Quote from: vark on 08 December, 2011, 07:52:50 PM
Toughest forum I've ever been :(

But I will keep up posting until they let me in! >:D

And the verification codes are the hardest ones I've come across!