Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

His Titus was superb in Rome and I thought made the series- sad news 🙁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

Vorenus & Pullo: Laurel and Hardy with edged weapons.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

rogue69

Rolf Harris, convicted sex offender and entertainer aged 93

nxylas

Quote from: rogue69 on 23 May, 2023, 02:14:17 PMRolf Harris, convicted sex offender and entertainer aged 93
I was more saddened by the awful revelations about him than I am by this news. Jimmy Savile was always a bit creepy, but I used to love Rolf when I was a kid.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Rome was a GREAT show and Ray Stevenson as Pullo the best thing in a thing of great things.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: nxylas on 23 May, 2023, 02:52:31 PM
Quote from: rogue69 on 23 May, 2023, 02:14:17 PMRolf Harris, convicted sex offender and entertainer aged 93
I was more saddened by the awful revelations about him than I am by this news. Jimmy Savile was always a bit creepy, but I used to love Rolf when I was a kid.

With you all the way.  I was very disturbed when his true self was made public.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

It did come as a bit of a surprise - unlike with Saville and Glitter.  I remember on a college trip to London two of the women on my course went to a bar (Glitter Bar?) and encountered him - they found him creepy, back in the early nineties.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JayzusB.Christ

Aw, now that's a sad loss.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Also Aunty in Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome :-(

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: sheridan on 25 May, 2023, 08:54:03 AMAlso Aunty in Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome :-(

That's how I remember her best. She was perfect for the role.

JohnW

Quote from: sheridan on 25 May, 2023, 08:54:03 AMAlso Aunty in Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome :-(

The woman wore a 55kg chainmail dress for the role.
That is dedication to showbusiness.

Rest in peace, Ms. Turner.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Dandontdare

Quote from: JWare on 25 May, 2023, 02:08:53 PM

The woman wore a 55kg chainmail dress for the role.
That is dedication to showbusiness.

Rest in peace, Ms. Turner.

Nice piece in the Grauniad by George Miller about working with her on Thunderdome https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/may/25/tina-turner-remembered-by-mad-max-director-george-miller-she-was-the-opposite-of-a-diva

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I only found out today that she sang on Frank Zappa's Overnite Sensation. That horrible, despicable cock wart Ike Turner basically rented her out for $25 a day and forbid her from having a credit on the album so she couldn't earn any royalties (read: financial independence).
You may quote me on that.