Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Jeff Conaway of Grease, Taxi and Babylon 5.

He got in coma by drug overdose, but now sadly braindead. :-(

Batman's Superior Cousin

Heard about that online, shame to lose such a great guy!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 27 May, 2011, 12:17:02 AM
Jeff Conaway of Grease, Taxi and Babylon 5.

A real shame, he played some great characters - his Zack Allen in B5 was terrific.  So many of that cast gone so young.

Orlok

Holy crap, that is a shock.

Goaty

Now Jeff Conaway passed away, 60... so young :-(

strontium71

Janet(Margaret Thatcher)Brown. A staple of 70's and 80's impression shows.
...because I hate you.

Daveycandlish

Just read that about Janet Brown - didn't know she was 87, mind. Didn't realise she was that old!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

strontium71

I know. I didn't either. That puts her in her mid fifties back when we used to watch her.Probably on Blankety Blank or something.
...because I hate you.

Dandontdare

Janet Brown's a shame.

More saddened by the passing of Leonora Carrington, the last of the real surrealists. What a life.

Tiplodocus

Bless all.

Suzanne Mizzi was a right pretty thing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

Sad about Jeff Conaway.  Wasn't a huge Babylon 5 fan, but he did pull a knife on Noel Gallagher once and later lamented that it was only because he didn't have an axe with him.
Also played a character that lent his name to sadly missed - by me, anyway - pop-punkers Kenickie.

Emp

The whole knife/Gallagher thing moves him up a few notches in my book

Albion

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 May, 2011, 12:05:15 AM
More saddened by the passing of Leonora Carrington, the last of the real surrealists. What a life.

Wow. Thanks for posting that. That was some life. I especially liked this bit....
"The Carringtons, anxious about their daughter's wanderings across war-torn Europe, took the exotic step of sending her nanny to Spain in a submarine."
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Kerrin

Ahh crap. Gil Scott-Heron at the age of 62. Finally lost the battle with his personal demons it would seem. Gutted.

Dandontdare

Just heard about GSH. I first came across him at Glastonbury in 1986, hadn't heard of him before but he blew us all away. Sample here