Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

To a girl who has an obsession with pugs and practically weeps with joy whenever she so much as sees one, yup! To the rest of the world, no, it really shouldn't be.

EDIT: Mind you, the dog was on his show a few times, so it's kind of a celebrity.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 08 June, 2011, 06:59:16 PM
To a girl who has an obsession with pugs and practically weeps with joy whenever she so much as sees one, yup! To the rest of the world, no, it really shouldn't be.

EDIT: Mind you, the dog was on his show a few times, so it's kind of a celebrity.

I wasn't talking about your girlfriend's response (I get how animal lovers are...)- just wondering why this was news worthy!

M.I.K.

I think the circumstances are what's led to it being so widely reported. Ross was in the middle of filming a documentary in which the dog was to appear when it died, on a train, in Russia.

Something Fishy

Sad news on Roy Skelton.

RIP Indeed.

I loved that show as a kid, as did many of us back then.

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Goaty

Dandontdare

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 19 June, 2011, 02:31:09 PM
Brian Haw - Anti-war protestor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/protester-became-activists-hero-2299838.html

That's a shame, he was a man of principle who put his money where his mouth was and proved an incessant pain in the arse for the government. They even passed whole new law purely to get rid of him - but forgot to backdate it so the courst decreed that it could only be applied to new protests, not him - that made me laugh loud and long!

rogue69

Simon Brint one half of musical duo Raw Sex aged61

Something Fishy

I only just heard that Andrew Gold has died at 59.  RIP.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JOE SOAP

There's rumours he faked his life...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 22 June, 2011, 11:19:05 PM

There are suggestions he faked his death as a publicity stunt:

Seems unlikely but still..

I hope the suggestions are wrong.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 23 June, 2011, 01:10:10 AM
Quote from: Emperor on 22 June, 2011, 11:19:05 PM

There are suggestions he faked his death as a publicity stunt:

Seems unlikely but still..

I hope the suggestions are wrong.

Really?  It'd be shitty, shitty thing to do, but surely better than two men actually being dead?