Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heath C Ackley

Its a great shame to hear of her passing. Her partnership with Moroder produced some of the best dance tracks of all time.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Something Fishy

Sad to hear of Donna Summer.  Not that old really.

That bb lass was terribly young too.

JayzusB.Christ

Fuck cancer indeed.  Goodbye, Donna Summer.  Speaking as an ageing clubber, she's left the club scene a better place; indeed without the influence 'I Feel Love' I don't think the subsequent dance music would have been as much fun.

Never heard of the BB contestant, but 30 is wayyy too young.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SKD

Alan Oakley, the man who designed Raleigh's iconic Chopper bike on the back of an envelope, died on friday aged 85.

Goaty

Robin Gibb, of Bee Gees...

JamesC

When Paul Gambicini dies who are they going to wheel out every time they need a soundbite about a dead popstar?

Dandontdare

Buggerit, Robin Gibb has cost me a tenner. Me and some friends did a 'celebrity deadpool' bet about 6 months ago and he's the first off the list to die. Damn you Brucie and your freakish longevity!

Frank

Quote from: JamesC on 21 May, 2012, 12:28:27 PM
When Paul Gambicini dies who are they going to wheel out every time they need a soundbite about a dead popstar?

I laughed for two minutes solid, James. Maybe the BBC should start training both Radcliffe and Maconie up, just in case.

On the other hand, sad news about the latest death to hit the Gibb family.

A.Cow

Quote from: JamesC on 21 May, 2012, 12:28:27 PM

That's why Paul Gambaccini will never die.

Gambaccini for rock stars.  Barry Cryer for comedians.  It's THE LAW.

Spikes

I think we'd all be extremely hard pressed to think of a more un-cool and un-fashionable band than the Bee Gees, but those boys certainly knew how to write a tune.
RIP Robin.

vzzbux

HMS Ardent. 30 years ago today. We will remember them.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Misanthrope

Quote from: Judge Jack on 21 May, 2012, 07:04:46 PM
I think we'd all be extremely hard pressed to think of a more un-cool and un-fashionable band than the Bee Gees, but those boys certainly knew how to write a tune.
RIP Robin.

Bay city rollers.

RIP Robin.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

locustsofdeath!

Comics artist Ernie Chan, best known for his work on Marvel's Conan the Barbarian and The Savage Sword of Conan: http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/news/a382436/conan-artist-ernie-chan-dies-aged-71.html.

Ernie Chan was my first 'favorite artist' when I started reading comics.  :(

Roger Godpleton

Eugene Polley, inventor of the TV remote.

YOU MADE ME FAT, EUGENE.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!