Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

I wish there was a hell so that Jimmy Saville could be nailed into its hottest circle.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 29 September, 2012, 11:34:18 AM
Michael O'Hare -best known for Jeffrey Sinclair of Babylon 5. :'( Sorry to see Herbert Lom go as well.

Jeeez shocked to read this,big fan of the show and he was great in the first season. He is the fourth leading member of the cast to die early.I met them all when there was a big conference in Blackpool years back and they were all a good laugh and very entertaining.Very sad.

mogzilla

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 October, 2012, 12:41:11 AM

I wish there was a hell so that Jimmy Saville could be nailed into its hottest circle.

there is ,he will...

at least his reputation is dead now shame the fucker didnt get crucified while he was alive.

strontium71

Now then , now then...
...because I hate you.

Jim_Campbell

I can do more than refer my Honourable Friends to the words of Half Man Half Biscuit, in their prescient ditty "I Left My Heart In Papworth General":

Down at Stoke Mandeville I bumped into Mr IQ
I said "Hey albino, this is not 1972
Stub out your King Edward and get that small boy off your knee
And melt down your fingerware and get yourself off my TV

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Should be re-released and resurrect Top of the Pops while they're at it.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 October, 2012, 06:00:04 PM
resurrect Top of the Pops while they're at it.

Just don't take the tour of Reggie Yates' dressing room.

I officially do not need to hear any more gruesome details of this story, but the descriptions of staff at Stoke Mandeville and the BBC exchanging knowing glances as Sir Jim took wee kids to his room beggar belief. I've heard Paul Gambuccini and Judy Finnigan opine that the the sexual revolution's erosion of traditional mores made everyone unsure where the new boundaries of behaviour lay, but I don't think moral relativism applies to raping children.

JOE SOAP

Yeah, Saville didn't invent paedophilia - like he did turntables - in the 60's.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 11 October, 2012, 06:28:16 PMI don't think moral relativism applies to raping children.

Indeed. The issue as always comes down to a wilful abuse of a power imbalance to get one's jollies.  That's rape, plain and simple.  Actual sex (never mind its ever-shifting mores) is between consenting equals, or in my case, mistress and pleading peon.

Spikes

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 October, 2012, 06:31:33 PM

Yeah, Saville didn't invent paedophilia - like he did turntables - in the 60's.

He dint even do that. Though he may have invented self-aggrandizement.

JOE SOAP

By my estimation we must be on the millionth sexual revolution since the Spartans, so when will evolution catch-up and grow me an extra pleasure-organ?

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 October, 2012, 06:52:37 PM
when will evolution catch-up and grow me an extra pleasure-organ?

Maybe it's like school jumpers. Until you've outgrown or worn a hole in what you've already got, yer not getting a new one.

SmallBlueThing

The thing is, regarding Savile, we are all in a way complicit. I certainly 'knew'- in the sense that i was told by multiple people closely connected to the entertainment industry including someone who knew and worked with him personally that Jimmy Savile 'liked little kids', as far back as 1986. The stories of him raping children in stoke mandeville and at various other homes have literally been going around for years. The news hasnt yet touched on the bits that go along with it- the bits that even now im dubious about mentioning because i dont know the legality of the issue, and which would make a spot of paedophilia seem tame in comparison. But if the potentially hundreds of victims couldnt speak out, and the hundreds of witnesses couldnt speak out, and the police of multiple counties 'couldnt find evidence', then you have to ask if his claims to be "untouchable" were true, not just in the sense that he got away with it- but because he was protected.

I dont want to analyse the conspiracies around (cont)

SmallBlueThing

(cont) his life that you can find simply by googling (for instance) 'jimmy savile necrophilia', as many are obvious internet madness.

However, knowing what we now know (and have known for years) dont they become just that little bit more interesting? And why are the tabloids and tv news once again refusing to address what the internet has been discussing since this all started?

SBT