Sorry for your loss, Fishy.

rogue69

Reg Presley frontman of the Troggs died of lung cancer aged 71

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn, now he'll never know what made those crop circles :'(

Adrian Bamforth

See you in the mother ship, Reg.

von Boom

Robin Sachs, 61. Did a lot of genre work including Babylon 5, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and played Sarris in Galaxy Quest.

Daveycandlish

And he was in Hammer's Vampire Circus. Man, he did some good stuff. 61 is too young.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Richmond Clements

Spikes

Caught this earlier - sad news, that.
But 98(!) is a good old age isnt it. RIP Mr Freeborn.

Hawkmumbler

Did well, he did.

Heath C Ackley

When I was a wee nipper, I was an avid reader of Fangoria and always dreamed of being a special make-up effects man like Freeborn, Savini Bottin Winston and Smith. If you consider the amount of work it must have taken to design, manufacture and operate the aliens in the Cantina scene or Jabba's palace, all done (originally!) before CGI, the man was a technical genius. 
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Frank

Quote from: ZippoCreed on 07 February, 2013, 07:26:14 PM
Soul Star Cecil Womack:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21320040

Wow. That was an eventful life, and makes for great reading. I've got to admit that I thought the male half of Womack and Womack was Cecil's brother Bobby.

Something Fishy

Thanks for the replies last week guys and apologies for the delay responding.  Been a busy old week.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!