Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

That's shitting terrible news.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bloody Hell, we were only watching some Not The 9 O'Clock News last night. Very sad indeed!

Something Fishy

Very sad news.  RIP. 

Something Fishy

Quote from: Bat King on 20 July, 2013, 02:51:44 PM
Yeah, I heard via Twitter from @theronster - he tweeted a simple 'Alas, Smith' which made me go straight to BBC site to check.

Quite sad. 60 isn't old by any standard in the UK these days. My dad died at 58 in 1989, which wasn't old then either.

No indeed. That's sad. Even at 66 mine was considered old by today's standards.

Spikes

Aye, again this is sad news. Loved me a bit of Alas Smith and Jones, along with - of course, Not the 9 O' Clock News.

And like Burdis, i was only thinking about Mel Smith earlier, sparked off by some random googling...  :o

Hawkmumbler

Bloody hell! Thats a bit of a heart breaker. True talent, Not the 9'o Clock News is damn fine and 60 is no age to go. RIP.  :(

Ghost MacRoth

It is a sad loss, but no great surprise really.  Mel was fond of excess in all things, usually favouring those that are worst for you.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

rogue69

actor & director David Spenser aged 79 the original Just William
t

TordelBack

Very saddened to hear about Mel Smith, a real hero of mine since Hedgehog Sandwich found its way onto our turntable when I was about 10.  I was only watching NTNOCN the other night, and reflecting on what a genius for comic delivery he had.  His albino in Princess Bride is my (current) favourite for funniest turn in that most brilliant of movies.

Recrewt

Mel Smith

Terrible news, I know he wasn't that young and might not have took care of himself as well as he could but this is still a shock.  He was brilliant with Rhys Jones and I particularly enjoyed the sketches where they were face-to-face talking, white shirts and no background - just dead funny.  No-one else has done that better!

Link Prime

RIP Mel.
I've a spot softer than a Tribble in a Santa costume for his rendition of Rockin around the Christmas Tree with Kim Wilde.

Daveycandlish

Speaking of which did you ever see that youtube clip of Kim on the Underground serenading the passengers, pissed after a party? I can't post a link from my phone but it is worth a search. I love her even more after that :-D
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

CrazyFoxMachine

Dennis Farina at 69

Blot clot in his lung apparently terribly sad I'd just watched the short-lived Luck in its entirety and his turn in it is brilliantly endearing.

Frank

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sauchie on 22 July, 2013, 06:54:33 PM
Thanks for giving me an excuse to stay up past my bedtime on school nights.

I bloody loved Crime Story...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.