Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

The Professionals repeating on ITV4.

Spikes

Quote from: Dunk! on 28 November, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
Martin Shaw's tribute was very formal and functional.

Guess they didn't keep in contact.

Think they had a bit of a falling out in regards to allowing repeats of the Professionals. Lewis was in favour, Martin wasn't.

But sad news. And blimey - 67?? Would never have thought he was that old.
Used to watch the Professionals back in the day, but was never that keen. Catching a few recently on ITV4, and they was good fun. Must watch some more.
And of course, Who Dares Wins is just aces

RIP Mr Collins.

Zarjazzer

Big fan of the pros.sorry to see you go mr Collins. Rest in peace.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

SuperSurfer

I had a chat with my sister last night and we spoke about the episode of the Professionals that she appeared in (very briefly). On the day they were filming in our junior school she had lunch with Lewis Collins and Martin Shaw. She'd have been about nine or ten years old. She remembers how friendly Lewis Collins was.

I had a look online and did this screen grab. That's sis going up the stairs.

I once had a felt tip drawing proudly displayed at the top of those stairs of a robot based on the Smash instant mash robots (the eldsters will know what I am on about).

There is one scene in that episode where you can see the house I am sitting in right now.

COMMANDO FORCES

Variety have said that Paul Walker of the Fast and Furious films has died in a car crash!

Pete Wells

Man the outpourings of grief for Paul Walker by some of MY mates on Facebook are ridiculous! Yes it's sad and all The Fast and the Furious is hardly amazing cinema and he wasn't really in anything else.

Mental!

Bat King

My son loves those films, they've given him hours n hours of joy over the years. That is what a film is for after all, entertainment.

Granted to me they are take-or-leave I wouldn't switch channel to watch but might not switch to avoid.

But my boy is 19... fast car films are aimed at kids and petrol-heads. He was counting down to FF6 release & as soon as he'd seen it wanted to know when FF7 was due. He got his sequels...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

CrazyFoxMachine

I'm seeing a lot of people basically saying "you're not ALLOWED to feel bad about Paul Walker" sure he's a relatively minor actor and worse things happen every day (for example how many people knew that a Latvian supermarket roof collapsed killing 50 people the other week, which has resulted in the resignation of the prime minister and four days of national grief were they showed no adverts on TV as a mark of respect to the victims?) - but people can feel what the want about it! A celebrity is a familiar face and it's common to feel a sense of loss knowing that face won't be seen to get old.

Professor Bear

I'm slightly disappointed that there wasn't quite such a smug vocal rebuff of those who choose to publicly grieve someone they like when Thatcher fell off her perch, but if I was going to make dickish comments about this event, it'd likely be more to do with asking what God's playing at that of all the cast members of F&F to take to the racetrack in the sky, he chooses the one that isn't a serial drunk driver - and to add insult takes him in the middle of a charitable work.

I hate car culture - and this is why - but those were some of my favorite movies of the last decade and it's telling that the most unloved entry in the series was the one that didn't feature Walker's character.  Really saddened by this.

Daveycandlish

To be honest, I'm more interested to read that actress Jean Kent has died at the age of 92. She was in the films The Prince and the Showgirl and The Browning Version, not to mention TV shows Up Pompeii and Lovejoy. At least I've seen those; I've never sat through a Fast & Furious film and have no intention of doing so.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Devons Daddy

Paul walker.
I thought it was an internet hoax. I mean F&F star dies in car crash?
What are the odds.

Saw on this thread the actor of the professionals died, 67 no age is it, though I feel old thinking about him being 67
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 December, 2013, 01:05:23 PM
I'm seeing a lot of people basically saying "you're not ALLOWED to feel bad about Paul Walker" sure he's a relatively minor actor and worse things happen every day (for example how many people knew that a Latvian supermarket roof collapsed killing 50 people the other week, which has resulted in the resignation of the prime minister and four days of national grief were they showed no adverts on TV as a mark of respect to the victims?) - but people can feel what the want about it! A celebrity is a familiar face and it's common to feel a sense of loss knowing that face won't be seen to get old.

I've seen posts from some people (now blocked, it was a last straw kind of situation) expressing actual glee and posting jokes about it. Whether you liked the guy's movies or not a man still died (and on the way to a charity event no less). Sure, celebrity deaths get way more attention than a ton of awful things that happen every day which deserve wider coverage, but I think that can bring out the worst in some people when a celeb does die.

Personally I only got into F&F very recently when someone urged me to get the boxset. Have watched the first 2 so far and they're great fun, big brash noisy entertainment, and perfect for scratching a very particular occasional itch. He comes across as really likeable in them and seemed to take a lot of joy in the whole thing, so despite being a F&F noob I still felt a bit of a gutpunch reading the headline. A sad day.

Keef Monkey

Oh, I just realised I never specified that it was Facebook I was seeing the posts, not here. Everyone here is lovely of course.

ming

Bubba Zebill

Graphic artist and Oz magazine founder, Martin Sharp. Oz was overflowing with innovative and fun graphic art....and now and again some R. Crumb too. It also tested the bounds of decency in the eyes of the law...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/art/art-news/10487613/Martin-Sharp-psychedelic-artist-and-Oz-magazine-founder-dies.html
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105