Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 03 December, 2013, 09:57:43 AM
Junior Murvin  :(

Aww, sorry to see that.  I once shared a house where a crackly cassette copy of the Police & Thieves album was on almost continuous loop. So much good stuff on there. 

Spikes

Aye, sad news. Was first turned onto Junior Murvin via the Clash's version of Police and Thieves.
Good times discovering music like this.

RIP J.M

Mabs

News just breaking that Nelson Mandela has passed away....  :(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

von Boom

RIP Nelson Mandela. :(

Goaty

RIP Nelson Mandela, "After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb."

Spikes

Aye, not unexpected by still very sad news. RIP Mr Mandela.

paddykafka

I was listening to a late evening, phone-in radio show - one of several guilty pleasures - when the host interrupted the show to announce Mandela's death.

The item under discussion was by way of an interview with some pond-life primate and her defence of her vicious scumbag of a boyfriend, who liked to go around mugging people.

What a strange world we live in, I thought. On the one hand, we had these two wankers who had absolutely nothing to offer the world and without whom society would be infinitely better off. And then we have the sad passing of such a great and influential leader as Nelson Mandela, who did so much to free those struggling under Apartheid and who will be deeply missed by so many.

Can't really add anything else except RIP Nelson Mandela.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: paddykafka on 06 December, 2013, 02:13:14 PM
What a strange world we live in, I thought. On the one hand, we had these two wankers who had absolutely nothing to offer the world and without whom society would be infinitely better off. And then we have the sad passing of such a great and influential leader as Nelson Mandela.

And yet Mandela would likely have it that they were no worse or better than him. The easiest way to honour his memory is to stop seeing others as unequal. Hatred does more damage to the hater than the hated.

"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite"

Tiplodocus

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 06 December, 2013, 02:48:57 PM
"People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite"

This with brass knobs on it. 

Similarly, I'm always amazed when people have a "trial separation" when relationship is in trouble. No, you dozy fuckers, have a "Trial Stick Together" - learn to love again.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bat King

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 December, 2013, 03:52:14 PM
Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 06 December, 2013, 02:48:57 PM

This with brass knobs on it. 

Similarly, I'm always amazed when people have a "trial separation" when relationship is in trouble. No, you dozy fuckers, have a "Trial Stick Together" - learn to love again.

Easier said than done if one of those persons has no intent to reconcile... But then, I was the dozy fucker that wanted to stick together.

Fully agree with the quote that Mr Crazy Fox Machine used though. Treat folk like you wanted to be treated n the whole thing works better.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Lobo Baggins

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

von Boom

Eleanor Parker at 91.

She played The Baroness in The Sound of Music.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25314214

CrazyFoxMachine

Peter O'Toole

I got him drawn in the front of my copy of the marvellous Hellraisers. He was a proper bounder and a true chap.

Mabs

Oh no... :'(

Peter O'Toole was one of the true greats of cinema. I remember being captivated by him in his magnificent performance in Lawrence of Arabia, and he was the most handsome actor I had ever seen. Who can forget those iconic scenes of him in the desert on his dromedary, with Maurice Jarre's music swelling to a earth shattering crescendo? It was the cinematic equivalent of ecstacy.

One thing is clear, Peter O'Toole has cemented his place as a true Icon of cinema.

Boy will I miss him

"I'm not hurt at all. Didn't you know? They can only kill me with a golden bullet"

R.I.P Peter O'Toole.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie