Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 04 January, 2014, 11:17:54 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 04 January, 2014, 02:47:07 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 04 January, 2014, 02:34:39 AM
Nothing lasts Phil Everly.

A decent tune-smith in his day.

If this is the thread where we compete to post the most simultaneously unnerving and compelling scenes from major motion pictures I've never seen before but am about to try and find a copy of, you've just won. Again. That head of yours is a palace of exotica and ephemera, boy.

Roy Scheider and Bob Fosse's finest moment cannot be denied its day.

Spikes

Quote from: Dunk! on 04 January, 2014, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 04 January, 2014, 02:34:39 AM
Nothing lasts Phil Everly.

I was always annoying my older siblings by pulling Cathy's Clown out of my mums 60's record collection and putting it on.

Knew nothing of close harmonies but knew quality when I heard it.

RIP Phil - you truely had a distinct sound and a huge influence.

Ah, now this is a shame. Such brilliant, perfect pop tunes. Was exposed to these from a very early age, thanks to my parents record collection.

RIP Mr Everly.

ming

Run Run Shaw  :(

(Although at the grand old age of 106 it was probably not unexpected).

GrinningChimera

Quote from: ming on 07 January, 2014, 08:15:43 AM

R.I.P

Might have to watch 36th Chamber Of The Shaolin now.

von Boom

RIP Run Run. Thanks for all the fun films.

JamesC

I'd kind of assumed Phil Everly was already dead but I have to say I really like The Everly Brothers (particularly 'Love is Strange' and 'How Can I Meet Her?').

The Everlys and Buddy Holly are the only artists from the 50's that I really enjoy listening to. I've always thought Elvis was overrated.

Frank

I'm not sure what his last words were, but I bet the sound was distractingly out of synch with the movement of his lips.

ming

Quote from: sauchie on 07 January, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

I'm not sure what his last words were, but I bet the sound was distractingly out of synch with the movement of his lips.

Allegedly: Yah-hah, evil spider woman! I have captured you by the short rabbits and can now deliver you violently to your gynecologist for a thorough extermination

(one of my favourites from a rib-tickling list of martial arts film subtitles that was circulating some years back).

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

CrazyFoxMachine

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Daveycandlish

Fans of the old ITC shows from the 60s will be sad to read that the female lead from The Champions - Alexandra Bastedo - has died aged 67 from cancer
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Doctor Alt 8

Heath C Ackley

She was an actress who possessed a kind of aloof beauty. She was popular in the 60's and 70's, mainly playing 'posh totty' roles. One of her last roles was a bit part in Batman Begins.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Albion

I was sad to hear of Alexandra Bastedo passing away yesterday.
I was aware that she was ill as she is very well known around here. She has an animal sanctuary in the village I grew up in and I know someone who worked with her.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.