Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningChimera

Quote from: GrinningChimera on 30 March, 2014, 05:32:35 AM
Oderus Urungus a.k.a Dave Brockie

Didn't realize someone had already posted this. I've been away. Still, no harm in saying it again i suppose.

COMMANDO FORCES

Kate O'Mara has died at the age of 74

I, Cosh

The great Frankie Knuckles has played his last warehouse at the no-age-at-all of 59. Even if you've never heard of him, I assume everyone will recognise this corking melody from somewhere else.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 April, 2014, 02:43:44 PM
The great Frankie Knuckles has played his last warehouse at the no-age-at-all of 59. Even if you've never heard of him, I assume everyone will recognise this corking melody from somewhere else

Chicago's Music Hall Of Fame must be starting to look like that wall where the Chief Judge pins all the badges of fallen judges. There's a campaign to get Your Love to the top of chart this weekend.

COMMANDO FORCES

Mickey Rooney has passed away at 93

Albion

Peaches Geldof at only 25 years old. 
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dunk!

She missed out on the 27 club.
"Trust we"

TordelBack

That poor family, what an horrific time they've had.  25.  Christ.

Professor Bear

I know we often lament on the thread for those in their 40s and 50s that we reckon still had a few innings left, but 25 is no age to be going at all.

A.Cow

Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 April, 2014, 07:07:17 PM
I know we often lament on the thread for those in their 40s and 50s that we reckon still had a few innings left, but 25 is no age to be going at all.

I'm going to sound cruel and heartless about this but if someone is hoovering up coke & heroin at the rate she was, then it's little surprise.

CrazyFoxMachine

WOW! You're right, you DO sound cruel & heartless well done.

And just when I was coming on here to say "It's heartening to see that people have been so constructive in dealing with this shocking news death - and those clucking about not wanting to see negative reactions need not worry"

but no. I'd suggest very very carefully reading this tweet by Journo (not droid) Rob Williams before you take to anywhere else with that cunning observation of yours.

Tiplodocus

No age at all. My eldest is the same age. She works with addicts. I'm pretty sure she has never used the phrase "it's little surprise".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

RIP, 25 is no age, just shocked to see that on the news TV at gym tonight.

JayzusB.Christ

Just found this out on Facebook. Poor girl; and the poor family.  Bob always seemed like a really nice guy; hope he's managing ok.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"