Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

Let's ge back on track shall we? RIP Bob Larbey; writer of the Good Life, Ever Decreasing Circles, A Fine Romance and a number of other TV comedies from my childhood years. 
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Hawkmumbler

I didn't really know enough about her to comment about her life choices, but I wish her family well.

Professor Bear

RIP free discussion, KILLED BY INTERNETZIS.

COMMANDO FORCES

James Brian Hellwig AKA ULTIMATE WARRIOR has passed away aged 54.

I know there are wrestling fans on here and having just seen Facebook go mad, thought I'd better pass on the sad news.

according to officials, "Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th while walking to his car with his wife. Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead."

Warrior's death comes as a shock to many who saw him seemingly in full health on WWE programming the past few days. He was a 2014 inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame on Saturday, appeared at Wrestlemania 30 and was on the latest edition of Monday Night Raw in character.

Something Fishy

Very sad news.  I enjoyed watching him when I was younger.  That's very young.  RIP.

GrinningChimera

Modern Panther

I loved the Ultimate Warrior as a kid.  His sudden appearances (where his arrival came as an apparent surprise to everyone except the bloke responsible for playing his intro-music) were a real highlight.

vzzbux

Nipples like bullets. RIP.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Proudhuff

Quote from: vzzbux on 09 April, 2014, 08:37:47 PM
Nipples like bullets. RIP.

V

V, you're starting to worry me
DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

Wow. What a week for it, eh?

Not been in good health for quite some time poor Sue Townsend has died aged 68

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26982680

Really shouldn't have been given it written about adolescence six years before I was born but Adrian Mole was the book of my childhood for one reason or another. I didn't get more than half of it but I loved it to pieces.

COMMANDO FORCES

O Lucky Stevie!

You know how towards the end of The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole where his vocabulary takes a quantum leap that transforms him into a teen JG Ballard? That bit.

Sad news.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Hawkmumbler

Now thats a sad loss and no mistake. The Adrian Mole series was my like my bible during my teenage years. They still adorn my shelf with pride.

shaolin_monkey

Oh man, Sue Townsend - that's a shame. Her books taught me that even grabbing a handful of breast through a thick sweater was an erotic experience.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Gabriel Garcia Marquez
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night