Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Awww, not Colin Pillinger.  A real treasure of a man. Sad news indeed. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

COMMANDO FORCES

H.R. Giger has died, just breaking over the multi-media.

Hawkmumbler

Fucking hell! :o

Goaty

Dammit, he did so beautiful artworks :( Thank you for created the scary Alien ever!

GrinningChimera

Very sad news to hear about Giger. I actually have 2 of his "museum" pieces sitting above my screen. A truly talented individual who can be credited for scaring the shite out of children all over the world. (along with lots of adults too)

R.I.P Mr Giger. Thank you for your contributions to art and indeed cinema.

ZenArcade

My childhood nightmares were populated by his creations. RIP.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bat King

Oddly my first Giger memory on hearing the news was of a candle carver in Leeds. He did Giger style carvings that were really  beautiful. Bought a couple off him but oboist dint hand them anymore... They looked amazing lit.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

von Boom

I was just thinking about Giger the other day. His work was amazing, especially his work for the unfilmed version of Dune. RIP.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 May, 2014, 09:00:12 AM
H.R. Giger has died

He's not dead; this is just the second stage of his life cycle. Is it too much to hope that the funeral ceremony will involve Giger lying inside his black, shiny, penis-shaped coffin and an animatronic baby alien bursting out of his chest?

Satanist

Had a picture of Gigers creepy babies in the bathroom of my first flat. It never failed to raise a comment from visitors.

RIP!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sauchie on 13 May, 2014, 11:32:32 AM
H.R. Giger has died

He's not dead; this is just the second stage of his life cycle. Is it too much to hope that the funeral ceremony will involve Giger lying inside his black, shiny, penis-shaped coffin and an animatronic baby alien bursting out of his chest?
This. A legend such as he desserves no less.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Seems he sustained severe injuries after a fall at his home from which he never recovered. Very sad to hear he's gone. Must watch Alien again on DVD just to  celebrate the great man's work.

I've read he had a acidic view of society and could be difficult but none the less he gave us a vision of a truly memorable alien with one of the best entrances in Cinema history. :'(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Spikes

Quote from: ZenArcade on 08 May, 2014, 10:29:24 AM
Awww, not Colin Pillinger.  A real treasure of a man. Sad news indeed. Z

Bit late with this one (I've been away..) but sad to hear this news. Caught him recently being interviewed on Radio 2, and it was a joy to listen to him talk about his life. RIP Mr Pillinger

H.R. Giger has died, just breaking over the multi-media.

A truly unique talent, and a visionary artist.
RIP Mr Giger

Heath C Ackley

A true artistic genius. Giger depicted the monstrous and the mysterious in ways that had never been seen before  or since.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

CrazyFoxMachine