Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 02 August, 2014, 02:00:15 PM
Thanks for that CFM but for some reason that 'link' will not open for me.....
Any chance you could post another,  as I'm always interested in that type of article..
Cheers

Try this.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Sideshow Bob

Thanks for that M.I.K. ....That one opened fine..
What an interesting ( and very strange ) story...
Cheers.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

JamesC

Sad to hear about Mike Smith. He's not been on telly much recently, much like his wife a Sarah Green, but both were pretty big figures during the late 80s, early 90s. Ghost watch was a classic!
The first thing I thought of when I heard the news was the joke that came out when he was involved in a helicopter crash. Something about not being able to keep his chopper up!
He always seemed like a top bloke though, and I really liked Sarah Green too. Very sad.

Frank

amines2058

Quote from: sauchie post office on 03 August, 2014, 11:48:02 PM

Studio Ghibli:  http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57559235/

This news is very upsetting. I have loved Ghibli movies since seeing Laputa: Castle in the Sky as a kid, and now love sitting down with my own kids and watching all of their movies, and eagerly awaiting the next release. It is sad to know there will be no more from them.  Spirited Away must rank as one of my favourite movies of all time.  :'( :| :'(

James Stacey

It was always about Miyazaki though and when he retired I did wonder if they could continue. It's better they close down than start releasing sub standard pap. The great films they made will still be there.

Hawkmumbler

Incredibly saddening to see the doors of Ghibli close, a masterful company that will be remembered.

Heath C Ackley

They aren't closing only restructuring. The news led to a difficult conversation with my ten year old daughter where I tried to explain what restructuring meant and failed miserably. Hopefully restructuring in Japan means more than it does over here - usually redundancies and a loss of quality.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Bolt-01

Yeah, from the link above it appears that they are going to be moving into a phase of 'marketing the hell out of the old works' rather than working on new films.

Now I likes me some Totoro merch as much as the next man, but there is already a hell of a lot of stuff out there...

I, Cosh

Sally Hardesty from out of one of the few decent horror films.
We never really die.

Frank

Alan Moore scattered the late Steve Moore's ashes on Shooter's Hill this evening, under the light of a super massive pink moon.

ZenArcade

Hell of a send off for a great guy. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bat King

Robin Williams, aged 63 - early reports are saying 'apparent suicide'.

BBC News 'breaking news' article.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

radiator

Shit, that's rough. Say what you want about the guy - I personally had a lot of affection for him. RIP.