Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bat King on 13 March, 2015, 04:13:14 AM
My ex wife read his books. I got a few autographed hardbacks for her. He engendered me when he saw me.

Amazing out of all the folk he saw he not only remembered me but he remembered the dedication 'Is it Happy Anniversary again?' I agreed with a smile and he included '...again' so that the book sod out from the earlier one (there was a 'Merry Christmas' in the one he signed at Odyssey7 so they weren't always the same)

I missed meeting him after my marriage went fubar.

That's a great stoy!
Mine also includes an ex.
Getting a copy of Nanny Ogg's cookbook for a present I asked fo some witty dedication, he said, "I can think of something funnier."
"Go on then," I said.
He wrote: Can't Ook, Won't Ook.

Fair dos, I thought.

Bat King

Ha! My ex LOVES the Librarian (and Death).
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Dandontdare

As with everything these days, there's a petition - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/31867210

TordelBack

Hmmm, my one meeting with Pratchett was also getting a hardback signed for my still-currently-non-ex. He asked what her favourite character was and I said Nanny, and he wrote 'To [Tordelgirl], the next best thing to Gytha Ogg!', which was true, then and now. Then I asked him something about Good Omens (possibility of a sequel or something), and he said he wondered why it was the book that everyone asked him about, but simultaneously was his worst seller. Certainly put a lot into engaging with the fans, when you think just how many people he must have signed for that day, never mind in his career.

CrazyFoxMachine

We are broken to pieces by the loss of Terry in our household but emboldened by the life he lead and the sheer wealth of stuff he created. M'Geoffery is an enormous fan and there was much sorrow.

Then the next day Daevid Allen of Gong died as well - another big loss. We saw him a while ago in Bristol - seemed very much alive and as breathlessly weird as ever. Now he's orf and all.

Quite terrible, quite terrible. It's going to be a bad year for this sort of thing I feel.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

CrazyFoxMachine

Professor Bear

Sideshow Bob

Really saddened to hear about the death of Andy Fraser from Free.
Listening to Free was a big part of my young adulthood, and his bass playing was absolutely tremendous. Anyone who appreciates good music should take a listen to Mr Big ( from Free live ) to hear the phenomenal bass playing there.
Another sad loss and far, far too young at only 62.
RIP Andy.......I imagine you having a great jam session with your mate Koss,  wherever you are...RIP mate.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Daveycandlish

Remember Shaw Taylor from Police 5? He's died.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Spikes

I do indeed remember Shaw Taylor - he always seemed to pop up at certain points in my childhood, and was saddened to read of his death today.

RIP Mr Taylor.

hippynumber1

I guess most of you won't be too bothered but AJ Pero of Twisted Sister has died...  :(

Emp

oh..the drummer

The Legendary Shark

Hipps, looking at this thread always reminds me of my own mortality. I've always believed I'll die alone and I'm okay with that. It's how I've lived most of my life, after all. But your post hit me, somehow. It's one thing to die alone but quite another to die unknown.
I'm not into music and I've never heard of the guy so I looked at his Wiki page. Not as a mark of respect, as such, more like a nod, like taking your cap off for a funeral.
Anthony Jude Pero. You can drum with thunderheads, now.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]