Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Geoffrey Lewis, actor,  A familiar face throughout the 70's and 80's, and an underestimated character actor. Always recall how much he scared the piss out of me in that scene in Salem's Lot when he's crawling about in the cellar all vampired up!  :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dunk!

That's a shame. Such a face of the 70's, as one of Clint Eastwood's loyal film crew.

Rip Geoffrey Lewis.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

IAMTHESYSTEM

The rocking chair scene in Salem's Lot is still creepy. Sorry to hear that Geoffrey is gone. 

https://youtu.be/kju516zay7Y
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

von Boom

I had to look up who Geoffery Lewis was... Of course! His was a face I've seen a thousand times, but I never knew his name. Shame he passed. RIP.

Spikes

He was indeed a very familar face, and a great actor. Superb in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

RIP, Mr Lewis

Heath C Ackley

Thunderbolt And Lightfoot is an underrated classic and Geoffrey Lewis was a great actor. I'll always remember my Dad taking me to see Every Which Way and Lewis excelled in the trusty and funny side-kick role. As a fan, my thoughts go to Juliette and the rest of the family.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

ZenArcade

I remember loving when Thunderbolt and Lightfoot came on TV in my formative years. Dad always let us stay up on a Friday night after school as a treat to watch a movie and have a late supper. Clint Eastwood (God almighty); George Kennedy (as the guy you didn't want to get into a conversation at a bar with), Geoff Bridges (as the guy you did want to get into a conversation in a bar with) and the delectable Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke). All assembled in one of the best paced, best cast and best scripted movies you'd ever want to watch. God rest Geoffrey Lewis. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dunk!

The legendary Richie Benaud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32182999

Never much of a cricket fan myself, but had various friends through college and Uni who'd religiously watch/listen to the cricket over the summer, and there was something about his "marvellous" mellow voice that will always remind me of hot sunny days and everything being right in the world for a few hours.

Achieved the goal of playing his favourite sport at a professional level, captaining his country to victory, then, when his playing days were over, moving onto being involved in it for the rest of his life. Can't want more from life really.

RIP Richie.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

ThryllSeekyr

Not so Marvellous, famously lampooned by the Twelve Man.

Thinking about his voice overs, conjures images of a freshly mowed pitch, men in white, and the colours.

The cherry stains from a new ball.

MY older brother and my late grandfather were huge fans of the game much to my detriment when I would rather watch cartoons. This lead to many arguments with both of them during the holidays when we stayed on the gold coast surburbs of Labrador on the broad water.

My late grandfather had this knack for picking up the reception with a set of gold clubs set up like a double cross while wired to the television when ever it wasn't being televised there at the time.

Anybody remember Freddy Truman's Test Match. Classic board game and before I go further off topic.

I can't remember much more about the guy, except for his trade mark silvery prince valiant styled hair and that voice over of his.

Something Fishy

RIP Benaud.  That's the last reason to listen to cricket gone then. Nothing but dull moaners left now.

Hawkmumbler

RIP Richie Benaud, one of the very best of commentators.

ZenArcade

Top man Richie: Via con Dios. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

ThryllSeekyr

Remember the Ashes  :-X

COMMANDO FORCES

Percy Sledge has passed away aged 73

QuoteThe crooner, best known for his classic song "When a Man Loves a Woman," passed away Tuesday morning in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Molch-R