Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 03 May, 2015, 08:15:53 PM
Very surprised that the death of Nigel Terry hasn't attracted slightly more attention...

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/may/03/nigel-terry

Jim

He was the best Arthur....ever!

Did anybody remember him in Troy????

Dandontdare

Very surprised that the death of Nigel Terry hasn't attracted slightly more attention...

Jim

I love Excalibur ( my favourite of all the Arthurian movies) but I had to google him as I would never have recognised the name.

sheridan

Jim

Bad news indeed - and joining Nicol Williamson four years ago - for me the definitive Arthur and Merlin.

Colin YNWA

Did not realise that. As Jim said seemed to pass with little fanfare. Which seems strange given how Excalibur seemed so significent a film for my generation and for all of Nicol Williamson's dominance in the scenes he appears, Nigel Terry is quite superb and works as a perfect foil, in what I always thought was the starring role.

No age either.

The Legendary Shark

Grace Lee Whitney, who played Yeoman Janice Rand in Star Trek.
www.startrek.com/article/remembering-grace-lee-whitney-1930-2015
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dunk!

Sad to hear of the passing of Nigel Terry, but gladdened by reading The Guardian obituary and discovering he had an extensive career on the stage, his acting passion of choice, as i always had him in the "whatever happened to?" category.

He was excellent in Excalibur, a movie that still holds some magic for me, and for that I'm eternally grateful.

RIP Nigel.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

von Boom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 May, 2015, 04:07:48 AM
Grace Lee Whitney, who played Yeoman Janice Rand in Star Trek.
www.startrek.com/article/remembering-grace-lee-whitney-1930-2015

Awww, that is very sad news. I was too young to really have a crush on her, but I remember her character vividly. I was also happy to see her in Star Trek: TMP. RIP. :(

ZenArcade

That is indeed sad about Grace Lee Whitney. 85 is a good run at life. RIP. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

A.Cow

Quote from: ZenArcade on 04 May, 2015, 02:31:45 PM
That is indeed sad about Grace Lee Whitney. 85 is a good run at life. RIP. Z

Given the life she suffered, 85 is a pretty amazing age to get to.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 May, 2015, 09:59:07 PM
Did not realise that. As Jim said seemed to pass with little fanfare. Which seems strange given how Excalibur seemed so significent a film for my generation and for all of Nicol Williamson's dominance in the scenes he appears, Nigel Terry is quite superb and works as a perfect foil, in what I always thought was the starring role.

No age either.
To tell the truth, The name Nigel terry only seemed familiar to me until I followed the link given to find his picture.

Farewell Excaliber
[/url]

I 've also resurrected old thread here!

Merlin's demise here!

:|

Ghost MacRoth

James Garner??  Nooooo!!!  He's too cool to die!  Fucking gutted.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

COMMANDO FORCES

He died last year but it does seem to be popping up on social media.

Ghost MacRoth

First I heard!  Might be an old one, but it's still shite!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

COMMANDO FORCES

Errol Brown lead singer of Hot Chocolate has passed away, aged 71.

QuoteHot Chocolate lead singer Errol Brown has died aged 71, his manager has said.
Phil Dale said Brown, who died at his home in the Bahamas, had had liver cancer.
Hot Chocolate had hits in more than 50 countries worldwide, including You Sexy Thing, It Started With A Kiss and Everyone's a Winner.
Brown was made an MBE by the Queen in 2003 and received an Ivor Novello award for his outstanding contribution to British music in 2004

Old Tankie

R.I.P Errol - loved your music when I was a lad.  So sad.