Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Paul Daniels came across as a good egg. RIP. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Something Fishy

I used to lovely Daniel's show back in the 80's.   It was always fun and cleverly done.  RIP.

sheridan

Larry Drake, 66.  Best known for his role in LA Law.

Professor Bear

Aw no, not Dr Giggles, too!

Quote from: JamesC on 17 March, 2016, 01:44:13 PM
I think it's a real shame about Paul Daniels.
It's been unfashionable to like him since the 90s but I used to love his TV shows and think he was a great magician. He's the yardstick by which I measure any other magician or performer of that ilk.
A bloke who was properly good at his job.

These would be my sentiments.  I gather he lost a generation when he announced ahead of the 1997 election that if Labour got in he'd leave the country, but his shows were always good family entertainment, and Wizbit remains a mind worm of a series/theme.

Greg M.

Quote from: Professor Wolfgang Von Bear on 18 March, 2016, 12:44:56 PM
I gather he lost a generation when he announced ahead of the 1997 election that if Labour got in he'd leave the country...

When quizzed on why he hadn't left the country, he explained that Labour had carried on with Conservative policies anyway, so it hadn't proved necessary.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Barry Hines. He wrote Kes but Threads will always be imprinted on my memory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35855544
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Spikes

What a crappy, crappy year 2016 is turning out to be, eh?

Both Kes, and Threads are must watch films, and ones I've gone back to more times than I can remember.

Kes has always seemed to be there - the superb film adaptation, and reading the book at school (and sniggering at the rude bits...), and Threads is simply astounding, and chilling, in equal effect.

RIP, Mr Hines.

Ghost MacRoth

Threads was quite possibly the most disturbing thing I watched in my youth.  Brilliant television....another sad loss.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 17 March, 2016, 11:48:56 AM
The baby boomers are still fairly numerous so we'll all be reading the obituaries more than we like in the years to come. RIP Boomers, you changed the world but perhaps not as much as you thought you could. I'm feeling a bit miserable now.

Reading Complete Nemesis the Warlock II earlier, it hit me that two of the four artists who contributed to the book are no longer with us. That was a shock, I must say.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Johnny Hicklenton I know was one, but who was the other?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 20 March, 2016, 05:43:55 PM
Johnny Hicklenton I know was one, but who was the other?

Tony Luke.

JayzusB.Christ

Oh yeah; I forgot he worked on Nemesis.  A sad loss.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Grugz

the victims of Brussels...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Something Fishy

Indeed.  Very sad.