Main Menu

Cool Beans Refugees in the Meg?

Started by Art, 04 July, 2002, 06:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Now that Cool Beans are sadly no more, any chance of seeing some of the creator owned stuff they we're going to publish in the Meg? The D'Israeli strip in particular looked intriguing.

johnnystress

And what happened that Marshal Law strip- looked really good from the odd pic i saw?Will it ever be printed?

Ol^ Marbles

I never subscribed to Coolbeans but a friend who did for a while reckoned all the ML stuff was just reprints anyway !?
They had some good creators on board so you'd think that at least some of the stuff would be worth showing to a wider audience.

The Amstor Computer

The D'Israeli/Ian Edgington strip was Scarlet Traces. According to D'Israeli's site, it's "...a murder mystery set ten years after the Martian invasion from HG Wells' War of the Worlds, in a London which has been rebuilt using Martian technology..."

It looked like a damn good read, and I hope that it does resurface somewhere soon - Ian Edgington is an interesting writer, and D'Israeli is criminally under-rated.

IIRC, most of the Marshal Law stuff was old material, but I think there was at least one new strip - plus the 3D stuff, of course.

johnnystress