Main Menu

My comics are eating my home

Started by Trout, 04 July, 2002, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

Okay - once you've got there type 297250 in the 'Product Code' box.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Marbles

Strangely enough I just bought another 2 clear plastic magazine holders from Muji at lunchtime to hold my burgeoning 2k collection. They are pricey but real sturdy. I like to have as much as possible racked on shelves rather than in boxes for ease of perusing during idle moments..

Link: http://www.mujionline.com/shop_uk/product_stationery/e22151.html" target="_blank">Muji Magazine Holders

Remember - dry hair is for squids

John Caliber

I find that tearing out the strips you want, thermal binding them into inch thick omnibus collections, and binning the left overs save a hell of a lot of space. I've got something like 20 inches of Dredd comics in thermal bound format, all with card backs and acetate covers with indexes.

At present, I've been collecting ROADHOUSE in this format too. Next week onwards, it'll just be Dredd. Same for the Meg too, though it is a bit sad to see the rest of those nice, shiny issues go into the bin.

- TCC

Link: http://www.jdrpg.com/jdss" target="_blank">THE JUDGE DREDD STREET SIM

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Marbles

You tear up your Progs & Megs !! Shudder.
I'm not sure I could do that - altho' it would save a lot of space eg de-'Bison-ing' my collection. Might be useful for collecting the stories in old 'BO2K' that I've been picking up - what is 'thermal binding' ???
Remember - dry hair is for squids

ChickenChoker

I got 5 of the boxes from megacitycomics, and enough bags for nearly my whole collection (which is pretty anal going from some of the earlier posts :p) I've got about 200-220 in each box, and one box spare. They seem to be very good for storing, and are designed so that the bottom doesn't fall out when you lift.

It's got to be a better storage option than having them stacked on a shelf in the shoe cupboard :)

So nobody thinks getting backing boards for each and every one would be a good idea then?

Mr C

Woah! Major Necropost!
Like it was said on the other thread, progs are resilient little things and backing boards would be a bit pointless, IMO.
They're protected by raw thrillpower anyway.

The Amstor Computer

Not really much point in backing boards for comics unless they're particularly rare, IMO. When you've got a full box of progs they stay nice and flat anyway.

Trout

Bloody hell! A blast from the past!

Three years on, my comics are mostly in the - very tidy - boxroom, but I did invest in an Ikea shelving unit and lots of magazine boxes, which have GNs and current comics displayed very neatly.

- Trout

Bolt-01

Till I was half way down I thought this was a new thread! Nor heard from Mk13 for a while!

Bolt-01

+rufus+

Neeeeeeeeccccrrrroooo pooooosssttt.....
I find leaving old progs everywhere in no discernible order seems to do the trick.
Drives my girlfriend crazy, gives my son something to rip up, and I occasionally find what I'm looking for.
They also double as coffeetables, placemats, cutting boards, and wipes at a moments notice.
They also stop unwanted guests from sitting down.
 I did originally have them in order, but that's gone out the window....
 The art on the other hand, is glued to walls with PVA.
Good job.
:-) R

Trout

colcool007

Personally, we have our comics in bookcases bought from Officeworld (?31 per bookcase) super-sturdy and they move well. (With my job, I move around a lot so having boxed everything up, it would probably take us another six months to un-box them all) Have all my 2K's Megs and Specials in one bookcase. Annuals in another and the other comics (Battle, Victor, Solarwind, etc) in the third and we will be out to buy our 13th (once the flexible friend has been cleared) bookcase (the rest are double-filled with books)!

ChickenChoker

Damn, didn't even notice it was all the way from 2002. Ah well, a little nostalgia to brighten your day huh?

Is there such a thing as a rare 2000AD?

Trout

Well, some are rarer than others.

For example, there's one at around 1100 - is it 1108? I can never remember - that didn't go to every part of the UK due to a warehouse flood.

But there's nothing so rare as some of the EC Comics from the 50s, some of which don't even exist any more.

- Trout