Main Menu

I made a CGI MEGA CITY, any good ?

Started by Cooper, 17 July, 2019, 08:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: pauljholden on 18 July, 2019, 11:15:46 PM
Honestly, I'm bamboozled, it seems like just a very silly Dale Wintonesque double entendre. I accept I may be missing it, but I don't see anything inherently homophobic. Be grateful if you could explain your thinking.

Crap joke* about another thread, PJ.

* Sharky's in on it

pauljholden

Quote from: Frank on 18 July, 2019, 11:19:34 PM
Quote from: pauljholden on 18 July, 2019, 11:15:46 PM
Honestly, I'm bamboozled, it seems like just a very silly Dale Wintonesque double entendre. I accept I may be missing it, but I don't see anything inherently homophobic. Be grateful if you could explain your thinking.

Crap joke* about another thread, PJ.

* Sharky's in on it

Fair enough

* I refuse to read insanely small footnotes

BPP

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 July, 2019, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: BPP on 18 July, 2019, 11:08:45 AM
Tbh I find the overuse of 90s cultural signifiers very jarring and breaks any notion that it's a real futurescape rather than one drawn by someone who really likes Rik Mayall. One or two Easter eggs is fine, an image of non-stop late c-20th references isn't.

On the other side the bike and Clara Pandy look turbo.

It works for me.  There's a long tradition of MC1 citiblocks being named after obscure pop culture flash-in-the-pan celebrities, which is very much part of the comedy side of Dredd's world.
There is an Andrew Ridgely Block in Wagner's MC1.

Durrr....

See the points where I said 'overuse' and 'one or two...is fine'.

But thanks for pointing out what is clearly never grasped in 30 years of reading  ::)
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Cooper

Better yet, there's a Dean Gaffney!
[/quote]

Me and my friends saw Dean Gaffney at the Phoenix festival one year, we tailed him for a while and occasionally shouted "Where's Well Ard" at him from hidden positions, that was fun.

Cooper

Better yet, there's a Dean Gaffney!
[/quote]

Me and my friends saw Dean Gaffney at the Phoenix festival one year, we tailed him for a while and occasionally shouted "Where's Well Ard" at him from hidden positions, that was fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing more
[/quote]

I have a transparant/chrome Blitzspear in Gigers style that I've done, I'll post some of that when I've finished it (which shouldn't be too long), I can render it and do the look development in real time.
Here's a preview.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: BPP on 19 July, 2019, 10:00:02 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 July, 2019, 06:44:43 PM
Quote from: BPP on 18 July, 2019, 11:08:45 AM
Tbh I find the overuse of 90s cultural signifiers very jarring and breaks any notion that it's a real futurescape rather than one drawn by someone who really likes Rik Mayall. One or two Easter eggs is fine, an image of non-stop late c-20th references isn't.

On the other side the bike and Clara Pandy look turbo.

It works for me.  There's a long tradition of MC1 citiblocks being named after obscure pop culture flash-in-the-pan celebrities, which is very much part of the comedy side of Dredd's world.
There is an Andrew Ridgely Block in Wagner's MC1.

Durrr....

See the points where I said 'overuse' and 'one or two...is fine'.

But thanks for pointing out what is clearly never grasped in 30 years of reading  ::)

Didn't mean to patronise you, and I apologise if that's how it came out. I was just trying to point out that I had a different view to yours, and explaining my reasons, rather than trying to inform you of something you as a reader obviously already know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Also I should point out that AyMajji's first post is a cut-and-paste of one of mine.  Mods?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"