Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Until the residents up that end get so pissed off with you taking all their parking spaces that THEY get bays as well!

COMMANDO FORCES

That's what I hope but there is a field opposite all the houses up there, so there is more space to park.
I will laugh if they do make bays up there as we'll see what Hell is unleashed then especially when they try to implement it.
I mean only half a street has bays, who thought of that load of old bollocks!

COMMANDO FORCES

By the way I'm parked near my house now as it's after 18:30. I can park after 16:30 as you are allowed 2 hours with no return in 2 hours and the times are from 08:00-18:30  ;)

That's £25 extra to spend in Inverness :D

Mikey

The driver side window of me car wouldn't open. I need the car for a few things this week so I thought I'll get it seen to next week. So, I park the car this morning and as I lock it, the window goes down and now won't fucken go up!

*sigh*

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

staticgirl

I just snorted tea out my nose.It may have related to the last post....

Mikey

Hmmph! Glad you found it amusing, so did Mrs Mikey!

...I'm now at home and can let you know it was bloody windy on the way

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mikey on 03 March, 2010, 11:10:21 AM
The driver side window of me car wouldn't open. I need the car for a few things this week so I thought I'll get it seen to next week. So, I park the car this morning and as I lock it, the window goes down and now won't fucken go up!

*sigh*

M.

I had that problem when i slammed a car door as hard as i could on a Volvo 740 in a fit of rage.The glass jumped out of the mechanism inside the door and slid down inside the door.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Went to the dentist at lunchtime, turns out I've got to have root canal work and a crown on one tooth. The rest of my gnashers are fine but this one recidivist little bastard is going to cost me £200. Thank god I managed to sign on as an NHS patient or it would have been over £600.  :o

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Kerrin on 03 March, 2010, 03:35:31 PM
Went to the dentist at lunchtime, turns out I've got to have root canal work and a crown on one tooth. The rest of my gnashers are fine but this one recidivist little bastard is going to cost me £200. Thank god I managed to sign on as an NHS patient or it would have been over £600.  :o

Root canal surgery isnt as bad as all that.I had a tooth knocked out when i was 14 and had the nerve drilled out to kill it with no anaesthetic and it wasnt nearly as painful as i was expecting.

The parking fiasco is all resolved as the council have admitted that they were in the wrong and the revenue collectors have been sent a notice telling them not to ticket in future as its private property.

COMMANDO FORCES

I had a tooth damaged when I was in the army and the dentist said to me 'I can build it up and fart about but it will constantly need to be repaired or I can take it out now!'
Seeing as it was a bottom rear one I thought I don't need that one and I'm buggered if I'm spending money each year on a tooth that will be constantly damaged, so out it went!
My civillian dentist laughed when I told him this story.

staticgirl

Actually my dentist gave me that choice a couple of years ago. I don't regret having it hoiked out.

Mike Gloady

Me neither.  The notion of having to hang onto something that will require HUGE and EXPENSIVE maintainence over the rest of your life to that degree felt like a no-brainer. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Mine was a front tooth that was knocked out.Its was a very small tooth next to the top left canine tooth.It was knocked out in a fight and i actually saw it fly through the air but i couldnt find it afterwards.I didnt fancy being gap toothed but i have had 4 crowns so far and it still doesnt look right and it is an expensive business.The crown caused severe toothache because i had wisdom teeth coming through at the back which causes the other teeeth to move around except the tooth with the crown wouldnt move which caused severe pain because of the pressure on it from the other teeth around it.

I have heard that having wisdom removed is hell but thankfully mine didnt need removing.

Rog69

I had a root canal & crown about 4 years ago and it's been fine but it was a nightmare to get done, had I known it would take 7 trips to the dentist to get it done I would have just had the tooth yanked out. The worst part was having the temporary filling taken out so they could do the root fill, I asked the dentist why he didn't numb it and he said the nerves were all dead after the last treatment, he promptly shoved something down to clear the temp filling out of one of the root holes, only to have me shoot 3 feet up the couch in agony, calling him a fugging iriot.

Dandontdare

By freaky coincidence I was also at the dentist this lunchtime getting a crown. Almost choked when he put that mold thing in as he used too much of the blue rubbery gunk, which squeezed out the back and nearly made me gag.