Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Outside where i live in the street is a green junction box with all of the localised cable internet connections inside that is owned by Virgin Media who are my ISP.The box is wide open to the street with the removable panel that is meant to be locked just lying on the pavement leaving all of the internet connections vulnerable to vandalism etc.

I reported this to Virgin as its a hazard and an obstruction and in the meantime i taped it shut.So today there was a Virgin Tec guy working inside the box so i hoped that he would fix the lock as well which Virgin said they would do .

Today i get home and the box is still wide open with the removable panel lying across the pavement so now i have to go and tape it up again.

Fucking useless idiots.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 April, 2010, 03:23:33 PM
Outside where i live in the street is a green junction box with all of the localised cable internet connections inside that is owned by Virgin Media who are my ISP.The box is wide open to the street with the removable panel that is meant to be locked just lying on the pavement leaving all of the internet connections vulnerable to vandalism etc.

I reported this to Virgin as its a hazard and an obstruction and in the meantime i taped it shut.So today there was a Virgin Tec guy working inside the box so i hoped that he would fix the lock as well which Virgin said they would do .

Today i get home and the box is still wide open with the removable panel lying across the pavement so now i have to go and tape it up again.

Fucking useless idiots.

I cant speak for the idiot that left the base unit unlocked but I come across BU's that are un-secure I make it a priority to secure to the best of my ability. We don't carry the necessary equpt to repair them so all we can do is report it to the proper department. All I suggest you do is report it again and tell them that an engineer was round and did nothing to re-secure it, I just hope it was someone from service as they are a bunch of wankers.
We are not all idiots Pete, just the odd few.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

staticgirl

I see that happen quite a lot. Are all the green ones Virgin?

Satanist

I went all the way into town today and only then realised my wallet was in another jacket. Arsebiscuits!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: vzzbux on 29 April, 2010, 08:29:56 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 April, 2010, 03:23:33 PM

Fucking useless idiots.

I cant speak for the idiot that left the base unit unlocked but I come across BU's that are un-secure I make it a priority to secure to the best of my ability. We don't carry the necessary equpt to repair them so all we can do is report it to the proper department. All I suggest you do is report it again and tell them that an engineer was round and did nothing to re-secure it, I just hope it was someone from service as they are a bunch of wankers.
We are not all idiots Pete, just the odd few.

VNP

Yes i realise that as i was just sounding off but prior to that i have never had a bad word to say about Virgin and that includes two home visits from your department.

I had a faulty Modem and Virgin sent a Tech guy with a replacement the following morning after it failed.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Tiplodocus

Tripped upstairs at lunchtime and cracked my kneecap right on the sharp edge of the wooden stairs.  Blimey, it hurt.  Managed to hang on to my home made falafel in pittas with salsa and yummy minty yoghurt sauce though.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

vzzbux

Quote from: staticgirl on 30 April, 2010, 12:07:25 PM
I see that happen quite a lot. Are all the green ones Virgin?

Nah BT have green ones as well, theirs are the scruffy ones that look 100 years old.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

maryanddavid

Brendan, my young fella, spilled by cup of tea over the keyboard, making it very hard to type with sticky keys!

David

Mike Gloady

A cheeky bugger offerred 30k under the asking price on my mum's house.  I want to punch the little git.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Rog69

Yet again I accidentally pee'd on the end of my dressing gown cord this morning.

Roger Godpleton

Keep forgetting to read Sagat's win quotes. TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER TIGER.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Daveycandlish

How could I have forgotten all about free comic book day?!

Arse.

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

The Enigmatic Dr X

After 11 days off, I go back to work tomorrow. Leaving the missus with a four week old baby, and two other children.

No more staying up 'til midnight, drinking a beer, playing Fallout 3 and posting here. No more trying to do one page scripts.

Back to shuffling paper!
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 03 May, 2010, 06:02:42 PM
No more staying up 'til midnight, drinking a beer, playing Fallout 3 and posting here.

What kind of baby was this, exactly?  'Cos I've plainly been getting the wrong model.

nev

I started choking on my glass of Robinsons and spat out my drink over the revision notes I spent over 2 hours writing.